X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NiGHTS
    • Jun 2024

More Menu Control: Which Program??

Hello all.

I've been making indie films for some time now and have been a part of the digital revolution of filmmaking for as long as its been around. I shoot my films using professional optical animorphic lenses and then bring them into premiere. Any special effects i use after effects for, as well as photoshop and illustrator. I like my films to be digital from start to finish.

Ok, so heres to the point anyway. I've used Sonics DVDit! Professional and i don't like it at all. I'm not into the whole "big friendly coloured buttons" and over ease-of-use to this program. Basically i'm looking for the Adobe Photoshop of DVD menu design. It seems most programs these days can flag for 16 by 9 footage, but i also want native animorphic menus too. I am not so fussed about encoding options as 6 to 8 Mbs at CQ using TMPEG Encoder looks absolutely beautiful. All i want if for some pretty advanced control over the look and feel, as whats under the hood of most of the authoring programs seems about the same.

Preferably i am thinking of hovering effects (ala Dreamweaver webpage style), motion menus, alpha channels and possible menu layering options.. Whatever the industry as got pretty much. Unfortunately money is a consideration for me, but even if i could just know what the very best software is i think it would help me alot to go from there.

Thanks for your time guys.

Regards,

NiGHTS
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

there should be websites about "proffesional programs", do a search on google.com....and advance the digital filmaking revolution

You may find more help at doom9.org or doom9.net

Comment

• Deepa DVD
      SuperDuperDVD Productions
      • Mar 2002

To get the max. control then get Scenarist.If you don't need many features, then get ReelDVD.

Comment

Working...