Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dewwars
    • Jun 2005

DVD creator?

Is there any good programs out there that has the same concept as Super DVD Creator? Looking to put avi, wmv, mpg etc together on a dvd to play on a dvd player with a menu creator as well?
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Nero can do that
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• dewwars
      • Jun 2005

I have Nero and I don't see any way to make a dvd menu

Comment

• idontno
        • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by dewwars
        Is there any good programs out there that has the same concept as Super DVD Creator? Looking to put avi, wmv, mpg etc together on a dvd to play on a dvd player with a menu creator as well?

Windows Movie Maker will make menus and Nero Vision will convert to DVD.

Last edited by idontno; 21 Oct 2006, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• dewwars
          • Jun 2005

Alright I upgraded my NeroVision! Found out that you can make a DVD Menu with this now!
          Now my problem is that when I am running NeroVision just at random points the whole program turns off!

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

dewwars,

What version of Nero are you using?

G!

Comment

• idontno
              • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by dewwars
              Alright I upgraded my NeroVision! Found out that you can make a DVD Menu with this now!
              Now my problem is that when I am running NeroVision just at random points the whole program turns off!

You are not running a skinning prog are you (like WindowBlinds)? I am and Nero doesn't like it at all. I had to exclude all Nero progs from being skinned.

I just upgraded to the latest version of Nero 7 Ultra Edition. I think the ver of NeroVision is 4.7.0.9.

Comment

• dewwars
                • Jun 2005

Not running anything else!
                Ok I still need to upgrade! I see how you can upgrade to Nero Ultra 7 but I can't find how to upgrade NeroVision?

of getting 7 will upgrade it all?
                Last edited by dewwars; 22 Oct 2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• idontno
                  • Jun 2006

Yes, Nero 7 Ultra Edition has all the progs...Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express, NeroVision, Nero Wave Editor, Nero Showtime, Nero Recode, ect.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Hi Idotno,

I have "Nero7 Ultra" and when I installed it to replace my Nero 6.6.14 latest version (which I was totally happy with) ... it kind of acted like "Microsoft" and it took over every darn application in my computer.

I personally like using WinDVD to playback my DVDs and "Hate" Nero Media Player "Bulky" and unresponsive control. Also, I love using Window Media Player to play me CD's ... so when NERO7 just took over It pee'd me off anf I removed it ... however, now I had whole bunch of documents with "No Association" tags ... what a darn mess ... so I had to go to every darn application and manually select the application to open with ... and that was a mess. It also Crashed my Microsoft Office Applications ... Thanks God to XP "safe Mode" retreat ... I took myself back few days and I was back in business.

So now the Million Dollar QUESTION: ... are the features of NERO7 Ultra reallly that good and worth it ... to reinstall it??? ... but this time I am smarter and will say "NO" to all the File Association Questions by NERO.

BTW, I also have Roxio Easy Media Creator Basci 7 on my compouter. I tried installing my Full version of Roxio 7 and it crashed my computer "Blue Screen" I guess when I try to jsut remove one of it's application. QUESTION: If I install NERO7 Ultra, would you keep the Roxio on your computer also or remove it???

Thanks,
                    G!

Comment

• r0lZ
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Mar 2004

IMO, Ner0 is not useful at all, at least if you consider only the DVD-Videos.
                      Everything it does can be done with free tools, and most of the time, the free tools are more powerful.
                      To play the DVDs, I use Media Player Classic, IMO the best player. However, you have to install another DVD player because MPC lacks the DVD codecs (as most free players, including M$ Media Player.)

I'm not sure you can install Roxio and Nero on the same system, but you can install ImgBurn anyway. Use it to burn your DVD-Videos. It is really better than Ner0, Roxio and probably everything else.
                      r0lZ
                      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
                      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• idontno
                        • Jun 2006

@rolZ. As far as Nero being useless, I disagree for these reasons.

If you have a bunch of .avi, .mpg ect, NeroVision will create a DVD with menus and convert to DVD on the fly. I've tried a few avi2DVD progs and none of them worked quite right. They either complicated things too much or the audio and video were out of snyc. It also took several progs to do what NeroVision can do in a wizard type environment.

Also, don't you have to use ISO to burn with ImgBurn? I don't like ISO.

@gonwk. I'm not sure about Roxio, Does it install a DLA (Drive Letter Access) prog? I had RecordNow, not sure if it's the same as Roxio or not, but I was a constant companion to BSOD. If you have DLA, DUMP IT NOW. Just look at all the forums about it and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

• r0lZ
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by idontno
                          Also, don't you have to use ISO to burn with ImgBurn? I don't like ISO.
                          No. ImgBurn v2 can burn directly the DVD-Video files... with very less problems than Ner0.

IMHO, Nero is probably easy to use, but it offers certainly not the same quality than a good encoder like CCE. Using, for example, VirtualDubMod with CCE is not so hard, though certainly more complicated than Ner0, but you can also use complex filters (which are very welcome with most of the AVIs downloaded from the net), crop and cut or resize the video if you want, and gives it exactly the encoding quality you want. And if you want real power, you can use AviSynth, even more powerful, but requiring a long learning curve. Of course, you have to mux everything.
                          As I said, the free tools are more powerful. I haven't said that they are more simple.
                          Last edited by r0lZ; 24 Oct 2006, 02:44 AM.
                          r0lZ

Comment

• dewwars
                            • Jun 2005

Ok I got it upgraded to 7 now! I started burning some .avi and it would stop for a while and start back up, stop and start back to transcoding streams. now it has stopped and it has been stuck at that point for 22 hours!

Comment

• r0lZ
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Mar 2004

idontno, do you know what I mean?
                              r0lZ

Comment

Working...