• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

OK.

BTW, I've just finished to modify my scripts to include the navigation commands, and I am ready to compile all tracks I have on my HDD, and there are a lot! During my previous attempts, Muxman has also crashed several times, probably because there are too many items to handle. I hope this problem has been fixed. I will report here anyway if the final DVD is a success.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• goonix
      • Oct 2006

AUDIO with STILLS and BOV

Here is the script for MuxMan 0.15p that creates "audio with stills" on a Video-DVD with BOVs.

The BOVs (button over video) allow to operate the DVD via the arrow keys of the remote.
      In PowerDVD the cursor keys can be used.

arrow left = previous track
      arrow right = next track
      arrow up = previous title
      arrow down = next title
      enter = the current track starts over

This example is for 3 titles a 10 tracks, but can easily expanded (copy and paste) to 99 titles a 255 tracks.
      The audio can be LPCM (.wav) or Dolby Digital (.ac3).

Following assets are needed:

CD1-01.wav...CD1-10.wav -> tracks for title 1.
      CD2-01.wav...CD2-10.wav -> tracks for title 2.
      CD3-01.wav...CD3-10.wav -> tracks for title 3.
      CD1-01.bmp...CD1-10.bmp -> trackscreens for title 1 (e.g. songname and interpret).
      CD2-01.bmp...CD2-10.bmp -> trackscreens for title 2.
      CD3-01.bmp...CD3-10.bmp -> trackscreens for title 3.
      CD1-T.bmp...CD3-T.bmp -> titlescreens (e.g. for displaying the CD cover).
      10sec_silence.wav -> this audio file defines the duration of the titlescreen.
      SUB.bmp -> simple black picture with 4bit color palette for creating the subpic stream.

The created subpic stream is very tiny.
      After demuxing one of the 3 titles (10 tracks, LPCM, 26:21 sec) with PgcDemux I got:
      Code:
      Audiofile_A0.wav       296.424 KB
      Subpictures_20.sup           1 KB
      VideoFile.m2v              444 KB
      So we can ignore the size of subpic stream (528 byte) almost.

Playing around with this created "Audio-DVD", it seems really handy (beside the short pauses on live CDs).

EDIT: Small changes to the filenames for better readability of the mxp file.

goonix
      Last edited by goonix; 30 Oct 2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

Funny, I've just added exactly the same feature in my scripts. The only difference is that pressing enter calls the menu (with the current track highlighted) instead of playing the current track again from the beginning.

I was in trouble with the BOVs. I was not able to find the correct syntax for the BOVs durations. You have the answer:
        Code:
        	Duration=99:00:00:00
        	Select End Time=99:00:00:00
        Thanks again!

BTW, apparently, Muxman accepts to author the BOVs, even if there is no subpic streams in the domain. But you have to be sure that a subpic is declared, or some players will not accept to select or activate them.
        r0lZ

Comment

• r0lZ
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Mar 2004

I'm still having problems with my project. Everything is fine as long as I add only a few audio tracks (say less than 50.) But in my project, there are hundreds of tracks, and Muxman keeps crashing.
          I have even tried to import the same track 200 times, and got the same result. However, that audio track is good, as it can be successfully used in a small compilation.
          Obviously, there is a bug in muxman when there are too many titlesets, PGCs or cells.
          r0lZ

Comment

• goonix
            • Oct 2006

Hi r0lZ!

My biggest project until now had 5 CD-titles a 20 tracks.
            It runs in MuxMan 0.15 without problems.

For a test I have doubled the size:

10 Titles
            224 Tracks (LPCM)
            1170 BOVs
            666 KB mxp file size
            6.43 GB final DVD size

Now I can confirm that MuxMan 0.15 crashes.
            But MuxMan 0.17 works without any problems.

goonix

Comment

• r0lZ
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Mar 2004

Thanks for the info. But I have tried v0.17.4, 0.16.3 and even the old 0.15M (which doesn't support the current syntax.) No go!

My project is made of 17 CDs. Most of them are boxes or double CDs. There are about 140 audio tracks, with 3 BOVs per track and a menu with a total of approx 200 buttons. Some tracks are very long (more than 30 minutes.) They have been converted to AC3 with BeSweet.

I have to cut the project in at least 4 or 5 parts to be able to compile it.

The main menu is compiled without problem.
              Last edited by r0lZ; 18 Nov 2006, 04:13 AM.
              r0lZ

Comment

• Zeul
                DVDPlanner / NuMenu4u
                • Oct 2006

I don't want to hijack this thread, but the current build of DVDPlanner can accomplish what you are trying here. Create each segment with a bmp for the video and set the 'Extend to = Audio length' flag in each segment. The GUI only allows 5 manually created segments, but via a script file (dpi) then upto 32765 segments can be created.
                The current version will have non-seamless playback between each segment. The menus can be created via the GUI (to give you an idea of the syntax - very simple).
                The next release will also allow seamless playback between segments (PRO build only)

Comment

• r0lZ
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Mar 2004

Thanks, Zeul. I'll give it a try... Modifying my scripts to use it should be easy.
                  When do you plan to release the pro+seamless version?

BTW, I follow your thread @ Doom9, but I need very rarely a muxer. So, I've downloaded DVDPlanner (basic), but have not tried it yet.
                  r0lZ

Comment

• goonix
                    • Oct 2006

For the next test I have doubled my project again:

20 titles
                    448 audio tracks (AC3) with 5 BOVs per track

Now even MuxMan 0.17 crashes while working on title 14.
                    I will try DVDPlanner, but since I'm not familiar with it, it will need some time.

goonix

Comment

• blutach
                      Not a god of digital video
                      • Oct 2004

Another very warm welcome to Zeul, whose work with menus is legendary!

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Zeul
                        DVDPlanner / NuMenu4u
                        • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by blutach
                        Another very warm welcome to Zeul, whose work with menus is legendary!

Thanks Guys

Comment

• r0lZ
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Mar 2004

@mpucoder: Here is my muxman project.
                          Attached Files
                          r0lZ

Comment

• r0lZ
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Mar 2004

About the problem about the little pause between the audio tracks, reported above, here is the reply of mpucoder in his forum:
                            The second problem can be solved using 0.17 and setting the vob joints to seamless. The command is Seamless Flag=Seamless in the Item=Cell section of a PGC.
                            r0lZ

Comment

• r0lZ
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Mar 2004

Zeul, I can't get DVDPlanner to work.

Can you confirm that I need to create a slide show?

And where exactly should I set the Extend to = Audio length flag? In the track, the SlideShow Play List or the SlideShow Play section? Anyway, in each of the locations above, the result is always a cell duration of 10 seconds, and the Extend to flag is lost if I save the project from DVDPlanner.

What's wrong?

Is is a thread or a guide somewhere that explain how to do it? Where can I find the description of the syntax?
                              Last edited by r0lZ; 19 Nov 2006, 02:01 AM.
                              r0lZ

Comment

• Zeul
                                DVDPlanner / NuMenu4u
                                • Oct 2006

Yes, Create each track as a slideshow. When highlighting the Video Play, the 'Set Final Slide To Audio End' checkbox becomes available. The default slide length is 10s. If any of your audio have a length of < 10s then change the slide length to a lower value (otherwise you will have a still showing for 10s before it ends - assuming cell still time of 0)
                                And you are correct the Extend flag is not exported correctly into the script file.
                                The next release will have several new settings to automatically set slide lengths and the extend flag.

Comment

Working...