Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joehellojoe
    • Nov 2006

streaming music videos

I would like to capture some videos/music videos from the web onto my hard disk and then burn it on DVD so I can play them on stand alone dvd players but how do I acheive this?

I know I need to get an a/v streaming recorder which are sold on the web, I dont mind doing that because apart from asf software which is limited there isnt anything else free.

Once I capture the streaming videoI ( I dont know what format it would be in ) how would I save it to an MPEG2 format for dvd burning. Given that their are lots of different formats besides mov. avi etc how would I convert the file to MPEG ?

Any positive solutions will help keep me off the valium and let me get back to a good nights sleep

with thanks

Joello
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

Welcome, joehellojoe!

There is an extension for Mozilla Firefox called MediaPlayerConnectivity that should allow you to do what you want, although it is not designed for that use. It let you choose any external player to play the media. If you use a player with a Save feature, you should be able to capture the stream.

Be sure to respect the copyrights and the laws of your country!

(BTW, your question has nothing to do with authoring and editing. Maybe a mod can move this thread to another forum.)
    Last edited by r0lZ; 12 Nov 2006, 08:06 PM. Reason: wrong forum
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• joehellojoe
      • Nov 2006

r0IZ

Thanks for your reply, I have not got round to carrying out your reply yet but I much appreciate having you help me.

many thanks

joello

Comment

Working...