Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malai
    • Nov 2006

Chapter ripping and copying

Hi, I am new to the forum. Here is what I would like to do.
    I have lots of DVD files copied as is using Windows copy(ctrlC, ctrlv).
    1. From each movie, I want to rip specific chapters and combine these chapters into a single dvd. Each chapter that I rip may be around 5 mins duration.
    2. From each movie, I want to rip unwanted chapters that includes promos, audio etc and burn it into another dvd.

Each of my movie runs for 2.15 hours to 3.30 hours. I have a dual layer drive.
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

Hi, Malai, welcome!

You must know that copying the DVD files using Windows Explorer is usually not sufficient, unless the DVD is not CSS encrypted. Use DVD Decrypter to copy the files.

You can use DVD Shrink in re-author mode to compile the chapters. But do not use it to burn a DL-DVD or to create a DL ISO, as it is not designed to do that. Burn with ImgBurn.

Also, ImgBurn will create a new title for each extract you add. Therefore, it is difficult to jump to the next or prev title with the remote. Use the DVDShrink plugin for PgcEdit (available on my homepage) to enhance the navigation a bit. You will be able, for example, to skip to the next title with the Title Menu button.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...