Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Mp3 Dvd

Guys I have been reading around to find out if it is possible to make a dvd mp3. Is it possible?

In addittion I'd like to pull all my favourite music videos out of my music dvd's and have the in one dvd. How can this be done?

Please guide me to where i can read up or something.

Thanks
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Guys I have been reading around to find out if it is possible to make a dvd mp3. Is it possible?
    finding a player to play it is the problem, mp3 disks are just data disks

medium size/quality mp3's are about a meg a minute, cd's give 700 minutes play time already

dvd's are better used as data backup for mp3's

In addittion I'd like to pull all my favourite music videos out of my music dvd's and have the in one dvd. How can this be done?
    have you tried it with dvdshrink? what format are the video files in?

Comment

• Phillip
      • May 2006

ay chewy i am confused. I have different music dvds i want to have one dvd only containing my favourite songs...that means separating by chapters the different songs from each dvd and merging my favourite songs into one dvd…..how can this be done?

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

will shrink see the music dvd's?

Comment

• Gary D
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Sorry for this question, but is there any DVD or audio players that will play DVD-MP3 format???

I would love this format for my car player as I would never have to change the disc on a long trip!
          Gary D

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

almost 12 hours isn't enough?

Shop online at Best Buy in your country and language of choice. Best Buy provides online shopping in a number of countries and languages.

probably make it to Terra Del Fuego with this

Comment

• Phillip
              • May 2006

Chewy this is something I havent tried before. I do not think that shrink will see the music dvd tracks pulled out of different dvds. So, would that mean I will have to burn the music videous without shrinking them? i dont know i just put one of my dvd's to shrink now and opened it with it......isnt shrink more for one dvd...instead of different music dvd's pulled together.......what would happen if i split the music chapters by dvd decrypter and put the songs i like together and burn by nero?

Comment

• Phillip
                • May 2006

ok i just opened one of my music dvds with shrink, it did open....but how would i pull out my favourate songs and merge with a different dvd to make my own compilation of favourite hits?

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

just reauthor and using the start and stop, rip indiviual segments and save to folder named for the song, then do another, and so on. Then using open files and reauthor combine them into a dvd compilation. No menus but you can do that later with other programs when you get the knack and want to be fancy, I don't bother myself.

Comment

• Phillip
                    • May 2006

Chewy, when i click re-author i dont see any button on start and stop......can u please explain how i must do this.....or is there somewhere i can read about re-authoring........lol....i need u to be more basic in explanation like for Grade R's

so, what do i click? been trying i just make a mess each time

Comment

• Phillip
                      • May 2006

i am checking out the dvd shrink guide but if u have a quick answer it will be nice

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Phillip
                          • May 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
                          just reauthor and using the start and stop, rip indiviual segments and save to folder named for the song, then do another, and so on. Then using open files and reauthor combine them into a dvd compilation. No menus but you can do that later with other programs when you get the knack and want to be fancy, I don't bother myself.

Thanks I am finally through the guide. I have just a question,

having used shrink to reauthor my first music dvd to a folder and the second and the third etc....will i be able to burn the different ISO files from the four different dvd's into one empty dvd disc and have it playable? how do i combine as chewy says

please advice...the guide doesnt say how i can combine the different iso files

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

Comment

• Phillip
                              • May 2006

Chewy i think i messed up somewhere......when I open dvd browser all my folders are empty....i created ISO files from the dvd's I reauthored but they do not appear on dvd browser...

did i do something wrong? was i supposed to create ISO files or what? the folders i created are just empty when i try to open by dvd shrink....what should I do?

Comment

Working...