X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Smooth
    • May 2006

Question regarding compression w/ DVDShrink

Hello All!

I was just trying to copy "The Muppet Show Season 1 Disc 1," so I ran it through ripit4me (i don't think it is protected, but i wanted to remove any useless stuff and i also have to return it today!) and when it ran through DVDShrink it was still a little too big. Usually I just remove any non-english audio tracks and proceed, but this DVD is only english! Also there was an instance when I did this with Something about Mary, I removed the French track, but now my copy only plays with the Commentary, I can't get it to play without. This first question is kind of stupid but Subpicture in DVDShrink is the captions correct? In this case there are 2 with english that are the same size. I am hesitant to remove them because I do not want this to interfere with one of the special features called "Muppet Morsels" where it is kind of like pop up video where it gives you little tid-bits about the show. I tried to do a deep anyalsis, because that worked for Cars, but it still is over the limit. My other questions are 1. Is ther any other program that can compress a little bit further down? 2. Anyone have any other suggestions? I really appreciate the help, and if there is something similar posted somewhere else, I apologize.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i also have to return it today!
    i'm sorry Mr. Smooth, but we can't help you with DVD's you do not own.

thread closed.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...