• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos Menem
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2002

DV Type 1 and 2

Is it true that the most common used is type2? because is interlaced or am I wrong?
    and type1 can be either interlaced or progressive but it uses directshow instead? I'm all confuse... and which is by default better to go with? by the way how do I know which dv type my canopus advc110 uses? or does it depend on the software and if it does then why studio9 doesn't give me the option to go for either one?
    me gusta la coca cola con ron
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

type 1 is a litle smaller, while type 2 can be edited in VFW apps (virtualdub).

or does it depend on the software
    bingo. DV capturing applications like WinDV and DV Capture Live give you a choice
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Type 2 has the avi split into native video and audio streams.Because the video stream still contains the audio interleaved,the file size is slightly bigger.As Anonymez pointed out,VD(and other VFW apps) accepts only Type2(you can get type 1 into VD through a AVISynth script).In VD using, type2dv,you will have to process the audio separately.
      Type 1 is more commonly used (because it is slightly smaller AND because you can process audio and vid together) in popular editors like Ulead Video Studio etc.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Carlos Menem
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Feb 2002

DV Type 1 and 2

On this guide there is the following suggestion:

"save the DV file as either type-1 or as a type-2 AVI. Save the audio separately to a WAV file (your DV editing program should offer this option"

But the final AVI is only 1 file and no wave audio file is seem... it says my editing dv program should allow me to do this but it doesn't "STUDIO 9" so the question is how... I know I have to convert the WAV to AC3 for DVD NTSC so I need to do something about this...
        me gusta la coca cola con ron

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

threads merged. there was no need to start a new one

I know I have to convert the WAV to AC3 for DVD NTSC so I need to do something about this
          belight or foobar2k. please use the search function in the future
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...