Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

VideoRedo is really designed for one thing, people have been screaming for things like mpeg4 encoding, audio editing, adding black frames, cropping/resizing, etc. but i don't think it's going to happen anytime soon

the one feature i would really like is mpeg ts teletext extraction. currently the only app i know of that is capable of this is projectX.

you're right though dvd authoring and multiple audio tracks would also be nice
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

I am not interested in line 21 closed captions extraction, as I live in PAL land, but I am really interested in a tool able to capture a specific page of the PAL teletext and convert it to subpics. The BBC has generally a teletext page with subtitle for the hearing impaired, and I would like to capture it, as my english is not sufficiently good to understand some of the difficult documentaries that are the speciality of the BBC. I have never found such a tool. Do you know one? (It can be a separate tool, as I capture the video with my standalone recorder anyway.)

BTW, following my bug report, I have received a mail from the author of VideoReDo. He says that a new version will be soon available, that will produce a complete DVD, ready for burning. Unfortunately, nothing new regarding subtitles.

And I must moderate my enthusiasm on Womble MVW-DVD, as the DVD it has produced has many problems (wrong time maps, wrong cell durations...) It is also expansive: $99 (vs $50 for VideoReDo)
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

really interested in a tool able to capture a specific page of the PAL teletext and convert it to subpics
        that's what i meant-- projectX, freeware/OS, is the only tool i know of (actually there is one other, but commercial, costly and can't remember the name) that is capable of this. does it rather well too. extracts as sub, srt, ssa, etc

He says that a new version will be soon available, that will produce a complete DVD, ready for burning
        good to hear,

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi Anonymez,

I downloaded ProjectX and fired it up ... but I can't seem to be able to make it work!?!?!?

Is ther a "Dummy-Proof" guide of some sort.

Thanks,
          G!

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

-Click File-->Add

-Select your mpeg ps/ts stream

-Hit Prepare

-Hit Play, and wait for it to process

-Demuxed streams will be in the same folder as the input