• Show
Clear All
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by paglamon
    ... And Free-Codecs.com is a safe site.
    But you should NOT install useless codecs. It is really dangerous to install all codecs, as there are usually some incompatibility between them. Install ONLY the codecs you really need. If you can play a specific video or audio format, there is no need to install another codec for the same format. It is also recommended to never install a "codec pack".
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

It is also recommended to never install a "codec pack".
      Absolutely!!!!
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• zad1
        • Apr 2005

Hey, awesome guys! I installed Lame MP3 as you suggested and was able to use it to re-encode the audio on the avi files with Vdub. It worked brilliantly and the resulting file is a hell of a lot smaller, down from 1.4 gig to 750. I can fit more movies on the dvd!

You should be given a medal for being able to help someone who knows as little as I do!

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

You should be given a medal for being able to help someone who knows as little as I do!
          Please do!!!!!!
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• asieg33
            • Oct 2007

Your problem is a lot of the latest avi downloads are packed. virtual dub or converters like xilsoft may help, but takes too long. Just get an uncompressor MPEG4modifier at
            MPEG4 Modifier modifies a MPEG-4 ASP video (AVI with XviD, DivX) without re-encoding (change aspect ratio, edit userdata, remove or add packed bitstream, and change interlaced field order).

before I burn anything to disc I use this program to check if the file is packed or not. If it is the program will unpack it.
            quick, easy and free.

Comment

Working...