Getting commercial DVD video into Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theFiddler
    • Feb 2007

Getting commercial DVD video into Vegas?

I work for my college and put videos on the server for teachers to use in class. Often they want short clips from films to teach a point or something. It would be best and easiest if I could put the video on the Vegas 7 timeline and render out from there. Only problem is that the video isn't properly read by Vegas. I've ripped with both DVD decrypter and am testing the trial of AnyDVD. In both cases, the VOBs end up on my HDD just fine and I can import them into Vegas. But there's issues with the video itself when it gets it into Vegas. It occasionally jumps back several frames. Or will display several frames from a part in the video later on. Or sometimes there will be a blank (black) frame.

From the research I've done, I think it may have something to do with other data in the VOB, like alternate audio tracks, subtitles, etc that Vegas isn't programed to read correctly. Has anyone successfully imported video from a commercial DVD to Vegas? If so, how? Or does anyone have any ideas on how's the best way to strip the video down to just the basic video track and english language audio track, without recompressing?
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Well, before you import it in Vegas, you could try stripping the extra audio and subtitle tracks using DVD Shrink. You could also use Shrink to cut the section out of the movie you want but the output would be DVD compliant. You could then convert it to Vegas
    Gary D

Comment

Working...