Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caasi
    • Mar 2007

Making Menus

First i'd like to say Hi and what a useful site this is.

Ok, so here's my issue.

i am able to convert avi's into DVD and watch on my player. My question is how do i make a menu/chapter selector like they have on original dvd's ?

I tried title writer but its rather tricky(newbie). So can someone point me in the right direction, a guide or tutorial would help.

Another question is when should i make the menu ? when its still an avi or when its already converted to video_ts ?
    Last edited by Caasi; 2 Mar 2007, 11:34 AM. Reason: accident
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Try TMPGEnc DVD Author or Nero Vision Express to author your DVD. First convert the avi to DVD compliant MPEG2 with something like TMPGEnc Plus.When you drag these mpeg files to the authoring programme,the first step usually pertains to making menus ,chapters etc.
    Last edited by paglamon; 2 Mar 2007, 03:56 PM.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Caasi
      • Mar 2007

thanks paglamon. after authoring the mpegs in the software do i convert or just burn the mpeg files ? and also does TMPGEnc shirnk ? coz i have a tv series i want to make into dvd with menus

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Author your DVD in TDA.It will be now in the form of Video_TS and Audio_TS folders,ready to burn.If you find that the size exceeds that of your blank DVD,then put them into DVD Shrink before burning. Shrink will shrink the files so that they can be fitted into a standard 4.5GB blank.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• src2206
          • Jan 2007

If you are interested to buy, then may be the best possible DVD authoring application is DVD Lab Pro. If you are interested in free ones, then I would suggest DVD Styler. I used TMpegEnc and it is a great encoder but a somewhat basic in terms of DVD authoring capabilities including menu building.

Comment

• techreactor
            Banned
            • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by src2206
            If you are interested to buy, then may be the best possible DVD authoring application is DVD Lab Pro. If you are interested in free ones, then I would suggest DVD Styler. I used TMpegEnc and it is a great encoder but a somewhat basic in terms of DVD authoring capabilities including menu building.
            I second that, btw, it has a fully functional 30 days trial too.

Comment

Working...