X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Choops
    • Mar 2007

Audio track not synchronized after remuxing

Hello

I'm actually having a hard time backing up a DVD with RipIt4Me, DoItFast4u, CCE, BatchCCEWS, IfoEdit. I usually have no problem with those tools and everything works fine from ripping to burning. But, with this DVD, each time I'm remuxing the DVD files with IfoEdit or muxman, I get a delayed audio track and the audio plays sth like 7 seconds before the video.

Original files play well, so are the ripped ones with RipIt4Me. It's when DoItFast4u, CCE, BatchCCEWS, IfoEdit come in action that this problem probably must occur.

I'm getting a help from mpucoder in the doom9 forum but we couldn't find a slideshow in the IFO, so I would like to know if you have an idea to figure this problem out.

Thanks in advance ! <!-- / message -->
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

I guess your original DVD is protected by ARccOS or RipGuard. Right?
    If it's the case, you have to delete the protected blank cells at the beginning of the main movie before reencoding it. You can do that automatically with RipIt4Me, or after the rip with PgcEdit.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Choops
      • Mar 2007

Hello r0lZ, thanks for your answer

I don't think the DVD has an advanced protection because I can open it via DVD Shrink without any problem. Anyway, I ripped it with RipIt4Me so if there was an advanced protection like arccos or ripguard, it should have remove it

What do you think of this ?

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

RipIt4Me can rip protected DVDs and either replace the tiny protected cells by dummy sectors, or remove them completely. In the first case, the dummy sectors have no audio, and that can cause the problem. Have you ripped the DVD with the "Remove tiny cells" option ticked?

In some case, it is also possible that the movie begins with a logo without audio. Even if the DVD is not protected, that can cause the same symptoms.

Anyway, try to examine the beginning of the movie with PgcEdit (in the PGC editor.) If there are tiny black cells at the beginning, delete them. If there is a logo w/o sound, you might have to cut it with VobBlanker before reencoding.

Or use DVDShrink to compress the video without reencoding. It has not this kind of problem, as it doesn't have to demux and remux.
        r0lZ

Comment

• Choops
          • Mar 2007

Merci pour les précisions
          Yep, the "Remove tiny cells" option is ticked !

I'm not very familiar with PGCEdit so I don't know where I can find the tiny black cells you're talking about.

Thanks

Comment

• r0lZ
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Mar 2004

Well, given the screenshot, there are no tiny cells at the beginning. (The first cell's duration is 8 seconds.)
            However, since you've said that the sound is off by 7 seconds, and the first cell is just a bit longer, and the seamless flag is not set on the second cell, I guess it's the first cell that causes the problem. You can verify if it's a logo by clicking on the play arrow at the right of the first cell row. If it's a logo, click on the Remove Cells button, then set the slider to cell 1, be sure to have the Keep the program in sync with the cells option ticked, and click OK. Save the DVD. Process the VTS 1 domain through FixVTS to remove physically the first cell from the VOB files. (You can launch FixVTS from the Tools menu of PgcEdit. Be sure to select the right PGC before.)
            Now, try to re-encode the movie again. I guess it will work without problem.
            Last edited by r0lZ; 7 Mar 2007, 06:16 PM.
            r0lZ

Comment

• Choops
              • Mar 2007

I think you're spot on

But before spending long hours reencoding and following the procedure you described, I would like to know if it's possible to change the remuxed IFO file to be like the original one and have this 8 sec cell within the 1st chapter ? What if I create a new cell at the beginning of the PGC ? (what would also be the procedure to follow ?)

Here is a screenshot of the remuxed DVD via PGCEdit:

Thanks again

Comment

• r0lZ
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Mar 2004

The PGC looks fine now. You should be able to reencode it correctly.

It should be possible to add a new tiny black cell at the beginning of the remuxed PGC with PgcEdit (with Create New Cell and its option "Create a new blank VOB cell"), and then replace that new cell by the original one with VobBlanker. But you have to extract the cell of the original VOB with VobBlanker first. If you have already modified the DVD, you have to rip it again, as the logo cell is no longer present in the DVD (although it should still be available in the FixVTS backup folder.)

But are you really sure you want to do that? A logo has very little interest, and consumes disc space. IMO, it is better to remove it completely.
                r0lZ

Comment

• Choops
                  • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by r0lZ
                  But are you really sure you want to do that? A logo has very little interest, and consumes disc space. IMO, it is better to remove it completely.
                  I agree, the logo has a litle interest but I'm actually trying to find a way not to re encode the DVD again and save 4 hours of encoding Maybe it would be a solution to remove the 8 first seconds of the re encoded m2v, just before remuxing ? Or to add 8 seconds of "audio void" in the ac3 file ?

Comment

• r0lZ
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Mar 2004

Ah, OK, yes, I understand.

Yes, that should be possible. You have to add 8 seconds and 7 frames of silence in the AC3 file, or cut the first cell of the video file.

I think it should be possible to modify the audio with DelayCut.

I don't know how to cut the first cell of the m2v, but you can probably use the method I've explained above to remove the first cell of the remuxed VOBs with PgcEdit, and process the modified DVD through FixVTS, and finally demux the PGC to extract the shorter m2v, and combine it with the original audio file.
                    r0lZ

Comment

• Choops
                      • Mar 2007

Ok r0lZ, thanks for your help ! I downloaded delaycut and added 8s + 7 frames to the ac3. After a quick overview, it seems to work fine !

Thanks again !

Comment

• r0lZ
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Mar 2004

r0lZ

Comment

Working...