Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notec
    • Jun 2005

Video pause on movie playback

On 2 of my most recent projects (DVD9s) I'm experiencing a 21 sec (exact) stoppage of play of both video/audio on playback on my SAP.

In both, I've used VB2130b8 to cut the studio intro splashes. And PgcEdit8 to finalize the project. They both behave the same with minor differences.

Project 1 (see attached): The 21s pause starts immediately after selecting play movie from Main menu.

[30 38 00 12 01 C0 01 00] 4 if ( gprm(1) != gprm(0) ) then { (CallSS) Call the VMGM PGC 18, resume cell 1 }

Project 2 (see attached): The 21s pause comes approx. 1-2 sec after the start.

[30 38 00 03 01 C0 00 01] 4 if ( gprm(0) != gprm(1) ) then { (CallSS) Call the VMGM PGC 3, resume cell 1 }

I think it has something to do with the code listed in blue below each project (Project 2 has a different 'If Then' statement and I'm guessing, causes the slightly different behavior); as when I highlight these in PgcEdit and preview the play back they both start at the beginning of the movie.

Should it not call those cells before resuming cell 1?

Any help is appreciated...
    Attached Files
    TV: Panasonic TH-50PZ700U
    SAP: OPPO DV-980H
    DVD Burner: Lite-On LH-20A1HX
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

IMO, cell 1 and 2 in project 1 and cell 1 in project 2 are not necessary. Try to remove them.
    Also, use the trace to find out if something else (probably blanked) is played before the main movie.

BTW, have you noticed the cell command in the middle of the main movie? It will stops the movie during playback of chapter 12 (project 1) or after chapter 17 (project 2)! Are you sure it's what you want?
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• notec
      • Jun 2005

Removed the suggested cells from projects and no more hang at main movie start. So, thanks for the tip.

Even with the cell cmd in the middle of the main movie it played just fine. But I changed the 1 to a 0 anyway on the redos.
      TV: Panasonic TH-50PZ700U
      SAP: OPPO DV-980H
      DVD Burner: Lite-On LH-20A1HX

Comment

Working...