PgcEditPreview: Error while loading VOB file ...VTS_XX_0.VOB.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calimari
    • Oct 2006

PgcEditPreview: Error while loading VOB file ...VTS_XX_0.VOB.

"PgcEditPreview: Error while loading VOB file ...VTS_XX_0.VOB. Could it be encrypted?"

What to do with this message?
    It happens on an disc with 99VTS', when I try to preview some PGC's. It always seems to happen with VTS_XX_0.VOB in the useless VTS' (10 to 99). Those VOB's all have a 2kB size.
    Can I ignore it and move on with deleting uncalled PGC's? It seems those problematic PGC's stay in place after deleting the uncalled ones. Will a standalone player choke on it?

Edit: this also happens on titles (playtime 0:00 but not uncalled!). When I try to kill playback, I get: Error appending new tiny cell to VOB file. Last sector found in the VTS_C_ADT table is 0! Cannot blank the cells of this PGC!

In the good old days, removing useless dust was easy. Now we have to clean the kitchen ourselves. Yes, I still have my old vacuum cleaner but I'm trying another brand that seems to be chosen to take over the market. Even after I already noticed that this one doesn't leave my kitchen as clean as I was used to.
    Last edited by Calimari; 7 Apr 2007, 03:49 AM.
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

Usually, this problem is caused either by a bad rip or protected VTSs. I suppose it's the second case here.

Yes, you can use Remove Uncalled PGCs safely. If some of them are still called, PgcEdit will not remove them automatically, but you can use Blank Out all VTST Titles and Menus to replace the old VOBs by a tiny one. This method is sufficiently radical to work in this case, as the original VOBs are discarded, but you have to blank all PGCs of the VTS.

Of course, you can also modify the navigation so that those VTSs are not called any more. I know you know how to do that, Calimari.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 7 Apr 2007, 04:53 AM.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Calimari
      • Oct 2006

@rOLZ

You're right, blanking out all VTST titles/Menu PGC's seems to do the job, it makes a legal 10KB sized VOB. Didn't know that one, I never ran into this problem before. I know I can make those entire VTS' uncalled manually with the 'Jumps from VMG to current VTS' function to trace jumps from the VMGM and First Play PGC and then modify the navigation, so I can safely ignore all those internal LinkPGCN loops that keep the PGC's called. It takes some (repetitive) work but anyway, I'll go for it. Nothing else to do, Big Brother is on TV

Thanks for info.

Edit: One more thing. Trying to preview those VOB's gives an additional problem. When I closed the preview window and launched 'Delete uncalled PGC's' before taking any other action, it seemed like access to the viewed PGC's was blocked. So they didn't get deleted. After having the same problem in Windows Explorer, who didn't let me delete the entire DVD, I found out that some instances of PGCEdit's Preview were still running. Although they weren't visible anymore in the taskbar, they still were visible as processes in the task manager. Once they were stopped manually, I had full access again.
      Could be useful to somebody who runs into this problem, you never know.
      Last edited by Calimari; 7 Apr 2007, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

I've already encountered this problem. Seems the preview tries again and again to display some good frames, and doesn't respond to the kill command. I can't fix this problem myself, as I have not written the preview, and I know that it is very difficult to modify. Sorry.
        r0lZ
        PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
        Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...