Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pathfinder
    • May 2002

Synchronization Problem

I have a Dazzle Digital Video Creator II capturing device. I made a DVD from one of my VHS Tapes. Picture is good and the sound is good except as the movie slowly go on it start getting out of synch. I read that static comes from the tapes and that could be one of the problems. Do one of you know of a software that can clean up the mpg2 file before burning it. I have tryed pvastrument but the program dies just before it gets to the end of the file. I am planning to use TMPGENC to assemble the clip back into a mpg2.
  • scrappy doo
    • Jun 2002

sound synch

I also capture vhs or laserdisc. I had this problem and ruined about 10 dvdr with the sound out of sych trying to burn a laserdisc.
    The problem was using ati capture software it can only capture mpeg-2 at best 44 hrz, but dvd format needs 48 hrz. So hence as the movie is being played eventually it gets out of synch with the video.
    So now I use an ATI all-in-wonder cature card video-s cable but use Ulead DVD Factory to capture a DVD NTSC format MPEG-2 and change the Plug-in to mpeg not Directshow, here I change edit the template to 48 hzr and capture directly to dv ntsc mpeg-2. No more convertion just author, make menus and create a VIDEO_TS folder and burn straight to dvd using Prassi.

Comment

Working...