Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weekendowel
    • Jan 2002

Burning SVCD on DVD

Is it possible to burn a SVCD on a DVD 4.7 GB? I´m trying to fit a 2 hour movie on one DVD, but with the DVD standard this is more than 4.7 GB. Then I thougt the best way to do this is to convert the DVD to SVCD and burn it on a DVD. Maybe some guide somewhere. I´ve tried different things but I just don´t seem to get it right.
  • bopcat55
    • Jun 2002

SVCD on DVD

Hi

I did this using Sonic MyDVD. It came with my burner. Just add an MPG2 S-VCD file to the project and it works. Sonic MyDVD will warn you that the file is not standard DVD format, but you can confirm that warning and add it anyway. Caution, do not adapt the file specs to conform to DVD standard, this will result in picture freezing, sound pops etc. Just leave it as is .....

Continue adding files until the media is full.

The resulting DVD playes fine on my THOMSON DTH 4200 player, but it also plays non-standard S-VCDs and VCDs, so it could be a problem on your player.

Sound is a problem, because you lose the DD5.1 soundtrack, if you have DVD2AVI then you can make a Dolby Surround downmix, which sounds ok, but comes nowhere close to the original multi-channel sound .....

Cheers

Sven

Comment

Working...