Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarijison
    • May 2002

DVD Movie Factory-File Size Problem

Created MPEG2-DVD-NTSC file from multiple avi clips using Ulead Video Studio 6. Resulting file size is 4.2 GB. When I pull the file in Ulead's DVD Movie Factory, it says the file is only 64 seconds and only recognizes the first 64 seconds! Windows Media Player recognizes the full file as 1 hour and 41 minutes. I've created smaller files in the past (less than 4 gig) and have not experienced this problem.
    Interestingly enough, if I split the same file into 2, Movie Factory correctly recognizes the length of each file. (I want one file only though as it affects the menus if you have two files.)
    Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any fixes?
  • xbzz
    • Jun 2002

Yes, I have the same problem. In Ulead users' forum, some other people reported the same problem.

Comment

• amoda1
      • Jun 2002

Try using "TMPGEnc" to change multiple avi to multiple Mpeg-2's. Then you can use "TMPGenc" mpeg tools features to add multiple
      Mpeg-2 and make one long MPEG-2, and then try Unlead. Maybe that will work.

Comment

• jarijison
        • May 2002

DVD Movie Factory

Have been out of town so haven't been able to post. Ulead has confirmed that DVD Movie Factory has a problem with files over 4 GB (file system limit). No word of the fix. I moved to Ulead's DVD Workshop and it has no problem with files sizes > 4 GB. (Might this have been Ulead's strategy to get users to upgrade to DVD Workshop?)

Comment

Working...