Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Residentevilman
    • Dec 2004

Need Help With Authoring.........

A Dvd That Has ws and fs On one sided Disc only / how can i remove the fs r ws vice versa

what would be the best program for this so i can build it in my own image.
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Nero Recode will do this, but you will have to do it "movie only" mode which will give you just that, the movie only. Also the "program that shall not be named" will do the same in reauthor mode, but in both you will need to distinguish which title is the full screen version and which is the wide screen version. I'm sure this could also be done with VobBlanker or PGCEdit as well, but I've not made an attempt with either program.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

With VobBlanker or PgcEdit, you can "blank" the aspect ratio you don't want, and with PgcEdit, you can remove the AR selection menu or the button that leads to the removed stuff.
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• notec
        • Jun 2005

On a most recent project, oddly enough, when I got to the Aspect Ratio Selection Menu (using Trace) - I chose the FULLSCREEN (Button 2) and 'Kill Playback.' Thinking this would kill the AR selection screen and start playing the WS title by default.

I answered yes to 'blanking' the cells of the killed PGC.

Using this method it "kept" the FS version. Restoring the backup - selecting and 'Killing Playback' of the WS AR (Button 1) - this kept the WS version and bypassed the AR selection menu as desired moving forward as above...
        TV: Panasonic TH-50PZ700U
        SAP: OPPO DV-980H
        DVD Burner: Lite-On LH-20A1HX

Comment

• r0lZ
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Mar 2004

"Kill Playback" on a menu modifies only the menu so that you cannot see and use it any more, but doesn't blank the titles called by the buttons. It's still a good thing to do to hide the useless menu.
          r0lZ

Comment

• notec
            • Jun 2005

Ah, right. But I thought it weird when I selected the FS AR Button to be Killed that it actually just "Hid" the button but selected it moving forward from that point on as the title to play.

I guess as I write this I see what is going on.

When you select the Aspect Ratio to be Killed during playback you're actually selecting to Hide the AR Selection Screen Menu which it then Plays the Button you selected as 'Kill Playback.' So it's not Killing the playback of the Button chosen but removing the AR selection choice menu and playing the one chosen.

You would then use VB to delete the 4:3 (Fullscreen) title but I don't really care as I have the space on a DL disc and am not compressing.

TV: Panasonic TH-50PZ700U
            SAP: OPPO DV-980H
            DVD Burner: Lite-On LH-20A1HX

Comment

• r0lZ
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Mar 2004

Yes, exactly. Good explanation.

Usually, you can also blank the AR movie itself in PgcEdit, unless there are other titles in the same VTS and you want to keep them.

IMO, killing the AR selection menu doesn't have much sense if you keep the movie. Usually, you get rid of one AR to make room, and burn the DVD on a single layer.

In your case, if you keep both ARs anyway, I wouldn't kill the AR selection menu completely, but only force it to your preferred AR after a relatively short delay. This way, you will still be able to select the other AR if you wish. It's easy to do. In the menu editor, open the advanced options, set the Force Select Button and Force Action Button sliders to the button you want selected by default, and set the "Set Action Button After" field to some seconds. Save. After the specified number of seconds, if the user has still not selected a button manually, the menu will be closed automatically, and the button forced for action assumed.
              Last edited by r0lZ; 7 Sep 2007, 03:03 AM.
              r0lZ

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

ResidentEvil ...

Go with LocoEng's suggestion ... easiest way out with the unnamed program ... when viewing in "reauthor" you can tell which is "WS" and just keep that and which Audios you want and even which subs.

G!

Comment

Working...