X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • therobinator
    • Oct 2007

Nero Vision Express - error near end of burn process :(

I hope this is in the right sub-forum. Here goes:

Oy, if anyone can help me, I would be soooooooooooo happy.

I just spend at least 20+ hours over a span of two days editing our wedding video. Then I tried to burn it (it had to go onto a dual layer DVD because it's too big for a regular DVD).

The transcoding gets almost all the way done, then....boom....it stops. It never gets to the point where it even starts burning the DVD, so luckily at least I have not wasted a $5.00 DL DVD.

Here is what I think is the relevant portion of the error log:

[2:17:03] DVDEngine ERROR
    [2:17:03] DVDEngine cause: 3 (invalid parameter)
    [2:17:03] DVDEngine source: _get_PGC_PB_TM
    [2:17:03] DVDEngine description: ICellRef refers a cell (VOB_IDN=1, C_IDN=20) which does not exist in
    [2:17:03] DVDEngine VTSTT_VOBS#1
    [2:17:03] DVDEngine

Can anyone tell me (in the simpliest of layman's terms) what I need to do to fix this? The easiest solution? I have read many, many, many posts and items all over the internet and none of it makes any sense to me.

Also, I did see a suggestion somewhere that I just burn the project to the computer's hard drive and then use regular Nero (which we have) to burn the image to the DVD....would that work?

Mucho thanks in advance.<!-- / message --><!-- Advertisement Hack by Jan-Willem --><!-- END Advertisement Hack by Jan-Willem -->
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

The problem is probably related to the creation of the IFOs, not to the transcoding itself. Seems that Ner0 tries to create a cell with some stuff that doesn't exist in the VOB files. IMO, it's probably a bug in Ner0! I doubt that there is a solution or a workaround for this problem.

Try to use another program to convert your videos to the DVD format, such as FAVC.

Originally Posted by therobinator
    Also, I did see a suggestion somewhere that I just burn the project to the computer's hard drive and then use regular Nero (which we have) to burn the image to the DVD....would that work?
    Certainly not in this case. The burn operation is not related at all to the problem. But it is usually a good idea to "burn to hard disc" as you can check if everything is OK with a software player before burning your expensive DL media. And you can as well use a better burner like ImgBurn.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...