X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoyC
    JoyC
    • Oct 2008

DVD Authoring Help

I am very new to this and really have no idea what i'm talking about, so plase bare with me. I have some avi files on my computer that I want to burn to a dvd. I would like to be able to create a custom background. I would also like to be able to put at least 2 of the files on one dvd with thumbnails that will allow the viewer to select which one she/he wants to open and view. (example... avi files of a wedding and shower... put both on one dvd and have thumbnails to choose which one to view with a nice pic of the bride and groom in the background)

I have tried Nero's free trial, but my burner was broken and i didn't know it. Everything Nero has is pretty much what I want. But it now comes down to pride on my part. Long story short, they insulted me and I would rather die than buy the actual product.

I have tried converting from avi to iso files, then tried to burning them. The programs I have used are AVS video converter, ImgBurn, Avi2dvd, CDBurnerXP, DVDneXtCopy, AviAynth, Power2Go, and some others that I have already deleted off my computer... needless to say I am now very very confused.

I have tried step by step instructions on how to compile everything, but I think I have just confused myself even more.

So, what I am actually asking is: Can someone tell me either a freeware (or relatively cheap) product that will do everything that I am asking for, or tell me which software that I have to use for what and in what order.

Thank you so very much for your time and help.

JoyC
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

DVD Flick.
    Your only problem may be the need of a custom menu. In that case, you may try TMPGEnc DVD Author for the authoring part.
    Last edited by paglamon; 1 Dec 2008, 04:22 AM.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...