Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VRYK
    • Jan 2009

BOV problem

A video contains a single PGC in the VTSM domain which is a dummy with no buttons. The Chapter menus consist of 3 PGCs Each of which have hidden (invisible during playback) which appear to duplicate the commands linked to the Forward and Back buttons. For example, the first PGC has 5 visible buttons (3 chapters, Forward, Back and Return to the main menu). The command for button 5 (Forward) sets the Highlighted Button to: [mov] 1024 [Button1], Link PGCN PGC11 or [56 04 00 00 04 00 00 08]. The command linked to the invisible button (#6) . [mov] 5120 [Button5], Link PGCN PGC11. [56 04 00 00 14 00 00 08].

There are in all 7 Chapters distributed over 3 PGCs. My problem is that, in all cases except the first two, pressing their respective menu buttons calls the wrong Chapter (confirmed in PgcEdit Trace mode which highlights the incorrect PGC in the PGC Selector Window when the menu button is pressed).

I would be grateful for help on how this anomaly can be corrected ?

In this same video I cut part of the introduction of certain VTST domain PGCs by splitting the cell then blanking in VobBlanker. Would it be preferable to delete these cells instead of just leaving them blank ?
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Then use the menu editor to make them call the right chapter.

As for the commands, buttons are in multiples of 1024 (0x0400). So button 1 is 0400, button 2 is 0800, button 3 is 0c00, button 4 is 1000, button 5 is 1400 etc.

The code you are giving is not Link PGCN 11 - it highlights to correct button and links to PGCN 8.

In this same video I cut part of the introduction of certain VTST domain PGCs by splitting the cell then blanking in VobBlanker. Would it be preferable to delete these cells instead of just leaving them blank ?
    Yes, so long as your chapters are preserved. In VobBlanker, if you are splitting a cell, don't make it create a new program and chapter - that will throw your chapters off, for sure. Of course, you could use cut mode in VobBlanker too.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

If the original DVD has no chapter problem, then blu is right and you have introduced a new chapter when you have split the cell with VobBlanker. The simplest way to correct the problem is to remove that additional chapter. See this post.

You can, of course, remove the first cell as well. If you prefer this solution, be sure to untick the "Keep programs and chapters in sync", and fix the total number of chapters with the PTT editor, as explained in the post referenced above.
      Last edited by r0lZ; 24 May 2009, 01:32 AM.
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• VRYK
        • Jan 2009

Many thanks for your reply.

< use the menu editor to make them call the right chapter.>
        The Manu seems to be OK. For example, the command associated with Button 3 in the Chapter menu reads:
        [JumpVTS_PTT] Jump to TTN1, Chapter 3
        But pressing the ,Jump to Target. Button highlights VTST1.2 in stead of VTST1.3

However, with this button selected, the code associated with pressing <Select & Break> is:
        BOV : (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 3
        -> sprm(4:Title number in volume) = 1 (0x0001)
        -> sprm(5:Title number in VTS) = 1 (0x0001)
        -> sprm(6GC number) = 2 (0x0002)
        -> sprm(7:Chapter number (or PGN)) = 3 (0x0003)
        -> sprm(14:Video preference and current mode) = 0 (0x0000)

I don’t understand why sprm 6 is being passed a value of 2.

Best wishes,

Comment

• VRYK
          • Jan 2009

Many thanks for your reply. Indeed, the original DVD has no chapter problem.

< and the "Edit Chapter (PTT) Table" button should turn red. Click that button, and then "Delete Last Chapter".>
          The "Edit Chapter (PTT) Table" button turned red OK, but when I click on it the following message appears:
          “The current Title is not a one-sequential title. It contains several PGCs, with chapters in each of them.
          Or the current PGC is a dummy. This editor cannot be used to edit the PTTs of such titles. ......”

I presume the current PGC is a dummy, since I split the original single cell into two in VobBlanker and blanked out the first cell. I opened the PTT (Chapter) Editor and removed PG1. However, how do I delete the last chapter ? I have not seen a "Delete Last Chapter" button.

The “seamless Join” box in the Editor has a yellow background. What is the significance of this? Incidentally, I have yet to find a definition of “seamless join”.

Best wishes,

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by VRYK
            Many thanks for your reply.

"use the menu editor to make them call the right chapter."
            The Manu seems to be OK. For example, the command associated with Button 3 in the Chapter menu reads:
            [JumpVTS_PTT] Jump to TTN1, Chapter 3
            But pressing the ,Jump to Target. Button highlights VTST1.2 in stead of VTST1.3

However, with this button selected, the code associated with pressing "Select & Break" is:
            BOV : (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 3
            -> sprm(4:Title number in volume) = 1 (0x0001)
            -> sprm(5:Title number in VTS) = 1 (0x0001)
            -> sprm(6GC number) = 2 (0x0002)
            -> sprm(7:Chapter number (or PGN)) = 3 (0x0003)
            -> sprm(14:Video preference and current mode) = 0 (0x0000)

I don’t understand why sprm 6 is being passed a value of 2.

Best wishes,
            SPRM 6 is the PGC number. The command is jump to TTN 1, chapter 3.

SPRM 5 = TTN (not SPRM 6)
            SPRM 7 = Chapter

These look correct. Just because it is going to PGC 2, doesn't mean it is not going to TTN 1. Clearly, PGC 2 contains chapter 3 of this title (PGC 1 probably contains the 1st 2 chapters).

Originally Posted by VRYK
            Many thanks for your reply. Indeed, the original DVD has no chapter problem.

[and the "Edit Chapter (PTT) Table" button should turn red. Click that button, and then "Delete Last Chapter".]

The "Edit Chapter (PTT) Table" button turned red OK, but when I click on it the following message appears:
            “The current Title is not a one-sequential title. It contains several PGCs, with chapters in each of them.
            Or the current PGC is a dummy. This editor cannot be used to edit the PTTs of such titles. ......”

I presume the current PGC is a dummy, since I split the original single cell into two in VobBlanker and blanked out the first cell. I opened the PTT (Chapter) Editor and removed PG1. However, how do I delete the last chapter ? I have not seen a "Delete Last Chapter" button.

The “seamless Join” box in the Editor has a yellow background. What is the significance of this? Incidentally, I have yet to find a definition of “seamless join”.

Best wishes,
            In not one-sequential titles (this was obviously one since PGC 2 also was part of TTN 1), you need to edit the chapter table via the Title &rarr; PTT Editor menu. See the help file.

If the seamless joint box is yellow, it means you can safely tick it to make the play seamless (usually at the layer break for DVD9 to DVD5) instead of a little pause. Again, read the help file (search for "seamless").

Regards
            Last edited by blutach; 28 May 2009, 08:00 AM.
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...