Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onerose
    • Nov 2001

movies that fit on 1 dvd disk

i just tried tmpgenc-2.55.38.142 plus en what this did was took a full length movie (lord of the rings)clear copy encoded it down to a size i chose cbr 3000bps 120min 4.7 dvd with, a wizard no less
    put in the proper format i imported into spruseup created menus set it to create movie and walked away one hour later bada bing lotr on a 4.7g dvd with room to spare! now i haven't ripped a movie to see what happens but for u experanced rippers some body else try and see if it works for you, oh yes the encodeing process took 17 hr total time 18.5hr but lotr is a 2:50 min movie so shorter movies subtrac a hour or 2

i just ripped gladiator (full movie) with smartripper, transfered from vob to avi(d2v) with dvd2avi with dts as audio track, set up encodeing in tmpgenc-2.55 bada boom it worked ,all to a 4.7g dvd(acual file size 4038.7mg) but once agine process time 14hrs
    Last edited by onerose; 24 Jun 2002, 04:23 AM.
  • amoda1
    • Jun 2002

Well, I read your post, that is one way to bring it down to 4.7GB or less, but do note that setting the bit rate to 3000k will reduce the quality of the whole movie. DVD bit rates are usually between 4.5K to 9K. The other issue is that Encoding can take very long time for the whole movie

How about...rip all the VOB's on your hard drive. Encode the first one or second VOB (or any other two three VOB's) to MPEG-2 with low bit rate using TMPEng or other software. This way you will have other VOB's with the original Bit rate. Carefully erase the converted VOB's or copy them to other location in case...

Convert back the MPEG-2 to VOB using like DVDit or any other software that performs this function. Copy the converted back VOB's to original VOB's directory on your hard drive. Use InfoEdit to correct all the *.IFO files and burn using NERO.

Less time
    Better quality ( more than half of the movie)

Comment

Working...