Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josferi
    • May 2009

audio out of sync

I have part of a vob file I want to edit out. I have tried a couple of different ways but the audio always gets screwed up. First I converted to avi with Xmedia Recode, then edited it with Avidemux using stream copy (not full processing). I also tried directly opening the vob with Avidemux, editing and saving it as mpeg. In both cases the audio didn't match, in the second instance I could hear audio from parts I had edited out being played.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Try VideoReDo.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

If you want to take another shot at a freeware solution you can try
      VOB2MPG is a DVD to MPG file converter. It goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce MPGs for the different titles.

and

Download TMPGEnc 2.525 : TMPGEnc helps you create VideoCDs by converting AVI files to high-quality MPEG 1/2

Depends on how fine an "edit" you need. For cutting out a coarse chunk you may be able to get by converting the vob to mpg using Vob2Mpg, then the MPG tools in the File Menu in the old free TMPGEnc. In MPG Tools select from beginning up to the chunk you don't want and do Simple Demultiplex. Then select from the end of the chunk you don't want, to the end and do the same. Join the 2 pieces using Simple Multiplex. Note that although the free TMPGEnc doesn't support AC3 encoding, the MPG tools will demux and mux ac3/m2v files.

All this assumes you are running XP. For Vista and W7 I'm not sure the free TMPGEnc will run or install using compatibility mode. But you can always use the new TMPGEnc Plus 2.5x 10 day free trial.
      Last edited by MilesAhead; 3 May 2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• josferi
        • May 2009

Thanks, I think a big part of the problem might be that the original audio is VBR mp3. I tried converting it to mp2 but it didn't seem to solve anything.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

paglamon may be right. Have you tried the VideoReDo 10 day trial?
          Last edited by MilesAhead; 5 May 2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• josferi
            • May 2009

VideoReDo seems to be working great so far. It does fast stream copy without full processing, yet it doesn't seem to be limited to cutting only at keyframes, it seems to allow cutting just about anywhere. Is that possible?

Comment

• r0lZ
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Mar 2004

Yes, it's its major advantage over most other programs of the same kind. It re-encodes only the GOPs that have been cut, and keep the rest unchanged as far as possible. That's great to remove commercial from recorded TS streams.

Another tool that can do the same thing is Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD. It can also add transitions between segments, but it has a lot of bugs and its GUI is terrible. IMO, VideoRedo is better, although more limited.
              r0lZ
              PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
              Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...