Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlrm365
    • Aug 2011

pgcedit: repeated line

I've used pgcedit quite a bit but, despite having seen it several times, I've never really dealt with this question / issue. As I prefer to be neat, I thought it was about time to ask.

Re-authoring a backed up copy of one of my films, I see the following (the same thing on three separate lines):
    hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/enigmachine/lines1.jpg

7 Set gprm(5) += (add) 2
    8 Set gprm(5) += (add) 2
    9 Set gprm(5) += (add) 2

Can those lines be tidied up?

If so, how? I imagine one of three things could happen:

- leave them as is (I'd prefer not to)
    - delete 8 and 9, because they make no difference (hypothetically, as I don't know if they do or not)
    - change the "2" in line 7 to a "6" and then delete lines 7 and 8.

I'm sure it's not a complicated issue, but it will be nice to have it dealt with.

Thanks.
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

It's strange indeed, but not illegal or erroneous.

Lines 7, 8 and 9 add 2 to the content of gprm(5), so, in final, gprm(5) is incremented by 6. You can of course leave the 3 lines as they are (your 1st suggestion) or replace the 3 lines with Set gprm(5) += (add) 6 (3rd suggestion).

But your second suggestion is wrong. If you simply delete 2 lines, the content of gprm(5) will be incremented by 2 instead of 6, and the next lines will not work as expected.

If you replace the lines, be sure that there is no target of a GOTO command in them, or again the navigation will be wrong if the GOTO is executed. (It's not the case in your example, as the only GOTO target in that PGC is at line 3, highlighted in yellow.)
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• jlrm365
      • Aug 2011

I figured they would be a combined increment, so I will replace the 2 with a 6.

Thanks. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...