Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweetrmarie
    • Mar 2006

Ashampoo missing codec or errouneous file

Times, they are a changing. Well I used to get along pretty good after learning how to burn movies with nero, and before that, dvd shrink. Well now with a new pc, new o/s (W7) and other software, like Ashampoo.
    I'm trying to create a music dvd from a copied full length concert that is on a DVD-R. What I want to do is take a selection of songs and burn another dvd with just the songs I want, so I've been cutting out the sections that I don't want.

Using Ashampoo "Movie and Slideshow authoring for DVD Disc" option, when I select the VTS files, there's at least one file that I get an error on that says "Codec missing or erroneous file". Now I've had these DVD's for years and never had a problem playing them on my dvd players.
    I can still end the process and the job is created but on playback, I lose the video after the first two songs, but the audio is still there.

I tried it with a DVD+R and I still get the codec missing or erroneous file message.
    Sorry for the long winded explanation but I'm stumped. Have things changed so much that I'm now to old for this?

Or maybe I shouldn't be using Ashampoo for this, is there other freeware that I could use to create and edit a movie to play in standard dvd player.
    Thanks for reading........
    Last edited by sweetrmarie; 16 Nov 2011, 02:23 PM.
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

You can use DVDShrink in re-author mode to extract the titles you want to keep and build a new DVD. You can also change the starting and ending points of the titles if you wish. However, DVDShrink cannot create menus and all titles (or parts of titles) you add to the compilation will be authored as new titles. There is no simple way to jump to the next or previous title. If you want to control more precisely the behaviour of the DVD, you have to use a full-featured authoring software, such as DVD-Lab pro (not free).
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• sweetrmarie
      • Mar 2006

Thanks rOIZ

Thanks a lot for the info and taking the time to reply. However, since Ashampoo was causing pain, lol, I went searching for some other software and found one. Took me quite a few hours to figure it out but once I understood it, it's awesome, and free, so far. Not sure what I can write here so I won't specify the software. If I can, someone will hopefully let me know. In any case, it let me take a full length DVD concert and choose only the songs (edited) I wanted and burn it.
      Been looking for a program like this for a while.
      Like I previously mentioned, I have used DVD shrink often but never knew I could choose clips, I always had burnt the full length (mostly movies that I own).
      Last edited by sweetrmarie; 17 Nov 2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...