Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barnum
    • Nov 2011

Newbie has question

I suspect this is not the correct area for this post but here goes....

I have three DVD that were made from old movie (mid 80's). I want very much to see if the quality, detail, etc. can be improved upon. I have
    no experience in this, and hoping someone can direct me to a company or software that can help.

The three films are on YouTube. Just type in FMDAC, and you will see them. Thanks, sorry if this is not the right place for this type of question.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Generally the most versatile and free method of applying filters to improve video is the tool AviSynth. Many of the free video converters use it:

Main Page,Advanced Scripting Tips,Advanced topics,Arrays,Aspect ratios,AviSynth FAQ,AviSynth Syntax,AviSynth v3,Avisynth Plugin Development in C,Block statements,Changelist

Think of it as a stream editor. You don't use it directly but write a script to apply filters as another tool processes the video. You can do things like reduce noise, remove jaggies etc..

It takes a bit of effort and practice or trial and error, but there are tons of free filters for it.

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

I agree with MilesAhead: avisynth is the best free video editor, but it is not easy to master. If you prefer a similar tool with an interactive GUI, gave a look at VirtualDub (or one of its variants).
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...