Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VRYK
    • Jan 2009

Length of Table

Trying to open a video in PgcEdit gives the error message: “PgcEdit is trying to read data after the end of a table. This means that a Length of Table value is probably wrong.
    Please try to fix the problem with IfoEdit”.
    In response to this problem blutach advised (7 years ago) to: “Do a mock strip on the titleset concerned - see link in my signature”.
    How do I do a mock strip ? – I can’t find the link referred to.
    I opened the file in IfoEdit, but since I am not much familiar with this application I couldn’t find the procedure to follow.
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

I haven't IfoEdit here, and I don't remember exactly the menu labels, but the idea is to use the IfoEdit function to strip streams from the original video. When you select that function, you can specify what stream(s) you want to remove. Of course, you should not remove any stream. IfoEdit is used only to remux the VOB streams, and rebuild the tables. If that operation succeed, then you can import back the remuxed video with PgcEdit's File -> Replace VTST Titles function. However, note that this method works only if there is a single title in the VTS.

Another way to rebuild the tables is to try to open the DVD in DVDShrink, and export it (without compressing it). But when the DVD has been damaged in some way, usually DVDShrink rejects it.

Good luck anyway!
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...