MovieFactory happily creates a DVD even when it won’t fit on a standard disc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corniker
    • May 2002

MovieFactory happily creates a DVD even when it won’t fit on a standard disc

I’m currently trying to decide on a DVD authoring software to convert several home VHS tapes over to DVD.

First, I was only able to find a demo trial version for Ulead’s MovieFactory. Are there trials versions available for any other authoring software?

Secondly, I converted a two hour video tape over to DVD per Ulead’s instructions. What I found was that the quality was good (VBR video encode and MPEG layer-2 audio) however, the file size of the final folder with all the necessary audio/video files was 5.7 gig. Clearly this will not fit on a single disc but I’m wondering why MovieFactory didn’t raise some kind of flag warning me about this during the whole process. I am able to play the final DVD on my computer off the hard drive and everything works fine but I know I will never be able to burn it. Anyone have suggestions how I can determine whether the final DVD folder created will be able to burn properly onto a disc and be played on a standalone player? I don’t have a burner yet so I can’t test it that way.
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Just lower the bit rate

Either lower the bit rate, but you will need to chop off like a gig, so that will make your quality crappy, or go wqith MPEG not MPEG2, or make 2 dvds

Comment

Working...