Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tleonhar
    • Jan 2003

DVDXCOP'ies don't play on standalone

When I make a backup using DVDXCOPY, they play fine on the PC but not on my Apex 5131. To eliminate other variables, I chose a DVD5 disk, made a copy with DVD Dcripter (ISO mode), it played perfectly in my player. I then erased the DVD+R/W I used and made a backup of the same disk with DVDXCOPY. That played fine in the PC with 321 warning and everything, but when I put it in the standalone - DISK ERROR! Any Ideas? I'm using a Sony DRU-500A burner in an 850 Athlon with 120G of hard drive and 256M of RAM.
  • dvdkiller
    • Jan 2003

standalone

Did you try the dvd-rw in your standalone before copying to dvd-r
    Your player might not be compatible try dvd+

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Media may also impact playability. Verbatim media seems to be a popular choice.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
        • Nov 2002

Also, check this site to see what formats your dvd is knows to be able to read.
        Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
        http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
        http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Useless
          • Jan 2003

The copies that DVDXCopy make will not work on all standalone DVD players. I would advise that you find one before burning a whole stack of movies. I personally try to not use it unless totally neccesary as I prefer compatibility.

Comment

• jakobkraft
            • Nov 2002

No offense, but you guys must be doing something seriously wrong...

I've backed up over a hundred titles using X Copy and +R media, +RW media, -R media, -RW media, all different brands (whichever is most reasonably priced) and they all play on my Toshiba, and my Apex, and my PS2.
            Granted, I have the Sony dual format burner, so it doesn't really matter what format I use, but you people claiming that X Copy doesn't allow for compatibility are just altogether wrong.

Nothing is simpler and allows for such quality to match the original as X Copy; of course, if you have hours and hours to spend ripping and compressing to save the hundred bucks, go for it....

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To tleonhar

Try using the excellent FREEWARE DVDShrink to rip (and, if necessary, compress) your DVD to your hard drive.

Then use NERO ("DVD-Video" mode) to burn.

Comment

Working...