Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue_DVD
    • Mar 2003

Not sure of the IFO information and how to remove menus

OK I am a newbie, but I am learning fast... by brute force of course. I think I am also startig with a fairly complex movie setup for my first attempt!!! SO I have a few questinos...

Looking at the VIDEO_TS.IFO (using InfoEdit v0.95) it has:

Number of Title Play Maps: 1 with over 30 chapters.

It also has 5 menus under the Language Menu Unit 1:
    Menu 1: [Title-Menu] (entry-PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)
    Menu 2: [Title-Menu] (entry-PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 2) (Uses VOB-IDs: 8,5)
    Menu 3: [Title-Menu] (entry-PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 2) (Uses VOB-IDs: 1,2)
    Menu 4: [Title-Menu] (entry-PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 4)(Uses VOB-IDs: 3,10,4,5)
    Menu 5: [Title-Menu] (entry-PGC) (Programs: 0) (Cells: 3) (Uses VOB-IDs: 7,6,5)

These are all contained within the VOB file (I found this out by using VOBrator) VTS_01_1.VOB. VOBrator also shows that this file contains many more VOB Ids for many other menu functions...

My question is this:

How can I cut out all the warnings, company stuff and other menus... All I want is the base menu and into movie. But I don't want to just stop the playing of those section (by using the Delete PLayback which only removes the refence to that section of a VOB file), I want to remove the physical sections to help reduce the overall size of the movie, which is greater than 6 GB. I don't want to compress the movie, nor do I want to remove all of the menus... Especailly sice it contains a leader that has an intro to the movie if you do not know the story.

I assume I am going to be doing a lot of cutting... But when I use IFOEdit, the resulting IFOs does not look like it updates the (uses VOB-IDs: ) sections so after the first cut, you have no idea which VOB-IDs are being used sice the do not match to the physical files in the VIDEO_TS directory.... maybe this is a bad assumption that they should match?

If thier is a product that does this great... let me know, but I feel the closest with IfoEDIT sicne it gives the most control vs. DVD2One or DVD95Copy where you go one way or the other and that is it!

Also IfoEdit has a MOVIE ONLY area... does this do what it sounds like (produce only the IFO and VOBs for a movie only output)? If so, then why use DVD95Copy at all?

Thanks for any help anyone can give...
    FYI, Yes I have read many of the forums and IfoEdit guides.. but they seam to be oriented to a very segmented movie vs the beast I am working with!

Blue in the face already, DVD Editor..
    Blue_DVD
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"If so, then why use DVD95Copy at all?"

Compression (Fit a Complete, or parts of, a DVD9 onto a DVD5 - with high quality results)...

Comment

• DVDIdiot
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

Blue DVD,

If you want to just delete the Menu...then delete every files that ends with _0.VOB for example would be vts_01_0.VOB

about the warning screen, you can either use VOBRator and then figure out which VOBID to delete and then open up your IfoEDit and hit delete playback... the other way is to play your movie and take note of which chapter it begins and then do it that way...this way is a little more complicated, but once you got your hand on it, its easy... I have all guides on these step by step..
      take care
      DVD Step-by-Step Guides
      http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

• dvdshrink
        Super Moderator
        • Apr 2003

Re: Not sure of the IFO information and how to remove menus

I'm plugging my own software here, but you could try "DVD Shrink", which should be available on the Software/DVD Backup page in a day or two.

I'm not sure if it will do exactly what you want though. It will allow you to re-author the DVD by selecting which parts of the original to include, and then either copy or compress the result to a completely new DVD on your hard drive.

Hope that helps...

dvdshrink

Comment

Working...