Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ingram99
    • May 2003

DVD2ONE backup problems with disney dvds

I'm using dvd2one v1.11 to backup a full-copy of Treasure Island. The problem is that Title Set 4, VTS_02_1.VOB is not valid. once dvd2one get to this title-set it states that it cannot backup encrypted files (i've checked, the file is not encrypted, just false chapter points...all PGC's are 00:00:00!) I've tried using IFO Edit to correct these problems like deleting playback, extracting streams to new VOB -( nothing to extract) etc. I even used DVDMeastro with empty 1 sec clip to create exact PGC's, compiled, then ran IFOUpdate and corrected VTS sectors, this didn't work either, when dvd2one started to process the newly created vts_02_1.vob it said it didn't match with the IFO and halted...I assume that even though IFO update corrected the replacement VTS_02_0.IFO to allow playback, DVDMaestro had compiled the new VTS_02_1.VOB differently that the original IFO wants to see the PGC's listed (even though IFO Update has a DVDMaestro correction for this). Whatever tool Disney uses to create thier DVD's it somehow allows VOB's with no assets to be created which is the source of this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) As a registered owner, you should have received version 1.1.3 of DVD2One at least a week ago. There's no point in questioning problems you're having which may be a consequence of using outdated software

2) What software (and what procedures) did you use to first "rip" the DVD to your hard drive?

Comment

• ingram99
      • May 2003

1) I am always cautious when it comes to upgrades, if it aint broke, don't fix it. In this particular case, I'm not sure it's an incompatibility with DVD2One as of yet.(checking the VOB confirms it has no valid assets, Using TMPGenc, VOBedit, IFOedit"stream strip", Smartripper "Title strip" etc.nothing there to strip out). DVD2One has worked successfully for so many other backups. But, I have downloaded the update and will monitor the feedback of it's stability.
      2) I use smartripper sr241 in file mode. Select all files and remove encryption checking all vob's, no region patch.

Comment

Working...