MY Sony DRU-510A DVD±RW Writer has stopped working/help plz.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave24
    • May 2003

MY Sony DRU-510A DVD±RW Writer has stopped working/help plz.

hi guys

i have had my Sony DRU-510A DVD±RW Writer for only 10 days and looks like it has packed in already. Im dont know what happened to it but i was using Instand copy at the time and it popped up a error message when it started writing.
    The light on writer kept on flashing, so i rebooted my computer, manualing opened the tray using a pin to get my blank dvd out.
    My computer doeasnt recognises it, it flashes a few times when the computer boots up and thats all! I have tried reinstalling it , but no success.
    Would like to hear from expert members of whats likely to be the fault, before i take it back on Monday. I think i will be asking for a replaced straight away, I hope i am entitled to do that!!

Dave
  • Wizard_23
    • Jan 2003

Your dvd burner isssue

How many sucessfully burned dvd's had you been able to create before the problem started? It may be that somehow pins got bent or it may be a laser problem perhaps, so you might want to call Sony and maybe discuss those two possibilities. Or, the drive could be defective as well.

Comment

• bluenetcruiser
      • Jun 2003

If problem only begins when you start writing, then it may be due to software conflicts.

Try reinstalling your software.

Comment

• kangated
        • Apr 2003

Possibility the optical unit is faulty.
        Had similiar problem with Pioneer A03 and verdict was throw it out not easy to repair. But before u panic - contact Sony

Comment

• peweherman
          • Jul 2003

had same problem with my sony dru-510 drive only worked for 19days before it became faulty.the led would flash constantly when the pc was on and could not open drive.had to get in contact with sony and have now sent my sony off to them .

Comment

Working...