• Show
Clear All
  • Dsquorpion
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

Dvd-r To Dvd-rom

just wondering, any feedback or links will be greatful,

is there a program out there that will make a dvd-r into a dvd-rom to be recognized by any dvd player, because all commercial dvd's are in essence a dvd rom, i am looking for a progy that will turn a dvd-r into a dvd rom after it has been authored, (something like a vcd header trick when a player won't play vcds

just an idea froma google search and popped up for dvd+r
    just wondering if it works for dvd-r
  • DVDIdiot
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

looks like you're new to DVD stuff.
    All you have to do is backup your DVD-ROM into your DVDR
    Make sure you don't use PRINCO DVD Media, because they're not that compatible with most DVD Players.

Let me know if you need step by step guides.
    Take care!
    DVD Step-by-Step Guides
    http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

• Dsquorpion
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

maybe i need to start somewhere else!

what makes a dvd player play commercial dvds & sometimes not dvdrs, is it the dye that is used, or the commercial dvd software that is used to make them, or just the way they are made

Comment

• swanside1
        • Jan 2002

Re

Hi mate, how are you,
        I think it is mainly the type of dye that is used on the DVD-R disc that makes them compatible, also, commercial DVD's are pressed and not burnt.

Comment

• Dsquorpion
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Oct 2002

thx swanside
          learned something new
          i am doing great, how bout u

Comment

• swanside1
            • Jan 2002

Re

Great thanks, Just got home from work, so its a nice 3 weeks off now, Just ordeder a Pioneer 105 for £95, just waiting for ti to turn up now?

I am going to re-do the web site when It turns up.

Comment

• lumberjack
              • Jun 2003

don't use Princo? I've gone through 50 of these disks and they play in every set top player that I have tried them in. no problems.

Now I have started to see video corruption and players hard locking but I think that is the players fault and not the media, as I can take the same disk and play it fine through out the whole movie in my pc.

Princo is the cheapest 4x media right now. and for that fact I'll keep buying them. Opo-something now those are bad disks, I bought 20 of them at staples and well I burnt 6 without a problem then I made 10 coasters, they took em' back and I started to buy the sony dvd-r's they worked great!! but at 25.00+/- for 10 that's a bit steap.

Comment

• swanside1
                • Jan 2002

Re lumberjack

I did try Princo a long while back, and found them OK at the time, but, as time has moved on, I have found that Bulkpaq Gen 4 Orange top DVD-R to be very goos, as Datawrite Red and Yellow, I had a few problems with the bulkpaq on my Pioneer AO3, but I have now got an AO5 and find no problems at all.

Try this link

You will find Datawrite for about 19 quid and Bulkpaq for about 25 for 25 disc's.

Comment

• lumberjack
                  • Jun 2003

I just fixed my problem, with the video corruption that I was having and hard locks of my set top dvd player with this princo media. I burnt a backup onto a Sony 2x dvd-r and tested it in the dvd player worked fine no artifacting, no lock ups nothing just fluid video and crytal clear audio. I'm going to use up what I have of these Princo's and never buy them again for this reason, I paid 124 bucks for 100 of them, and now they are 103 for 100 of them, doh.

hope this helps any discission.

Comment

Working...