X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iceman|DK
    • Jun 2003

DVD-backup

Hi all!!!

I´ve just bougt a sony DRU-510a(I´m new at this) and I hope you guys can help me out.

1: I used DVDDecrypter and ripped the entire DVD

2: I used shrink to fit it to one disk

3: I used PowerDVD to check the shrinked version(perfect)

4: I used Img_tool to make the *.img file

5: Burned the Img-file with DVDDecrypter

Now, the disc will not work in my DVD-rom, DVD-burner or my standalone...... nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

I´m open to any suggestions and solutions c",)

(don´t mind my spelling..... I´m from Denmark, Europe!!!
  • Wizard_23
    • Jan 2003

Your dvd burning issue

It's not written in stone that you have to create an image file after dvd shrink processes the dvd. All you really do from there is burn it with Record Now max if you can get a copy of it. I haven't tried burning the dvds with Nero, because as you may know, for some users, there are dvd standalone player issues to where the disc in some cases will not play. So I suggest getting a copy of Record Now max and just burning the processed video_ts folder from there.

Comment

• DVDIdiot
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

Sometime you would have to use IfoEdit to GET VTS SECTORS. some home dvd players might not play your burn DVDR if you don't do get vts sectors.

In your case, you can just use Nero burning rom to burn it under mode UDF/ISO

Good Luck!
      DVD Step-by-Step Guides
      http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

• swanside1
        • Jan 2002

Re Iceman|DK

Hi, you seemed to take the long way around on that one, to save time, have a look at my web site, you can use DVD Shrink to rip, re-author or just downsize the quality of the original DVD, and use nero to burn, like DVDIdiot recommends.

Just remember, In Nero, under the ISO tab, untick the JOILET box, as many DVD players and PS2 do not like the JOILET file system.

Hope that helps abit

The DVD Shrink guide was made using Gangs of New York, thats about 7.1GB

Comment

Working...