Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skirrow
    • Jul 2003

Pioneer 105 problems

Hi, I've just bought a Pioneer-105 today and tried burning a few dvd's with it. i've managed to burn 3 dvd's but now i get a power callibration error with Nero everytime i try to burn a DVD. I also get the same error when using CloneDVD and a similar one Using Recordnow Max. Does anyone know whats going on? Is my burner faulty?
  • mowerman
    • Jul 2003

Strange that your Burner has already used Nero etc without a problem untill now.
    Have you tried reinstalling the burning software?
    Deleat the Burner and reboot, see what happens then.
    You could try upping the Firmware to 1.33, if you have done all the above my guess is the thing is faulty.
    I have the same burner, first using both Nero 5.5 and then Nero 6 Ultra without a problem.

Comment

• superdrive
      • Jul 2003

I had same problem changed brand of dvds and now every thing fine

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

Power calibration is when the drive writes to the lead-in portion of the cdr/dvdr and tests it max writing speed. If the disc in question does not support the selected write speed, you'll expect that error. In most cases, nero (or whatever) would automacticly drop the write speed and you would not know any different. So yes, try a different brand of media.

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• ninat
          • Jan 2003

INTERNAL TARGET FAILURE

I GOT THE POWER CALIBRATION ERROR AND CHANGED THE SPEED TO X1.

NOW I GET 'INTERNAL TARGET FAILURE'
          ???

PS - I HAD TO INSTALL NERO NEW ASPI VERSION FROM THIER SITE TO GET TO A POINT THAT NERO 'SPEEKS' WITH MY DVR105.
          YOU CAN FIND IT HERE:

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

ANYONE KNOWS WHAT GOES ?

Comment

• Skirrow
            • Jul 2003

Good news. I tried some other media (TDK, Verbatim) and they work flawlessly so it looks like it was poor quality media. Cheers everyone for the help. I get verbatim 2x for £1.26 each in a spindle and thats a good enough price for me.

I'm using NERO and havent had a single problem with the verbatim media. However, everytime i try to use Record Now Max i get a buffer underrun error everytime i try to burn a disc. Strange.

Comment

• bricktop
              • Oct 2002

burning probs

hi
              i have the same problem and use have 2 a105
              i have try the same princo dye but still ahve the same problem but even if you change to a ritek dye it still the same i change my mother board tht stop it for about a 100 burnes now the problem has come back, i have try all the up grades and down grade no joy i think these a105 have a problem when geting hot if you burn your first disc it will burn at four speed then it go up the spourt,i am going to buy a a106 ill let you know if this works as i have try ever thing ,even swap the burnner over in pc, new boards, new firmware new chips ,new new new if anyone has any other ideas on this please let me know

Comment

• Oriphus
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Aug 2003

The likely-hood is an error with the drive and a return refund/exchange should be looked at. It is common enough. Media changes can fix it, but inevitably it comes down to the drive and a failure to read/write the outer layer of the disc.
                http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• bricktop
                  • Oct 2002

a106 tec

just got my new burner now all the probs have gone away

the a105 is crappppppppppppppp

though i let you know try pinco dyr ritket dye and maxell dye
                  all burn at 4 speed and have burn 50 disc so far no probs any more

Comment

• Oriphus
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Aug 2003

Whats your new bruner?? The A06/106 is a very good writer, the best at that price, the A06/106 obviously having the +R features. Im not that happy with princo dye's, Ritek Rules for me though.

Comment

• techno
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Nov 2001

I personally have seen WORSE DVD writer drives ever! (since I own a computer shop and voted the best service and quality as well as prices in Scotland)

in my experience - all i see and hear is problems burning, recognising media etc...

One day i bought myself a 105

I never regret it! I dunno what the heck all the fuss is about. I thought it was people because here they are daft! They think everything is the same! (not on this board...)

So I bought one, installed it and copied/burned. perfect

i only updated the firmware to 1.33 to allow to burn on other media as well and burns perfect.

I always burn at 2x and it does the job for me.

I have seen cases on other DVD writer drives where it wont burn, drive door never opens when you insert a CD/DVD, PC wont recognise it etc.... the 105 is fine.

It's just the way people use it imo.

Anyway - that was my input

Comment

• Oriphus
                        Digital Video Technician
                        Digital Video Technician
                        • Aug 2003

Yeah, i think the DVR105 is the best and most reliable writer available at any price. Its my personal opinion that there are non better. With the 1.33 firmware upgrade, its a gem. Im not changing until there is a RPC 1 update for the Pioneer DVR107 due out around christmas with 8x burning.

Comment

• BLACKGHOST
                          Platinum Member
                          Platinum Member
                          • Sep 2003

i have recently installed 1.33 firmware upgrade and using the 105 pioneer burner. Now im finding i have problems with it and cannot burn on more than 2 speed. How can i fix this??

Comment

• Oriphus
                            Digital Video Technician
                            Digital Video Technician
                            • Aug 2003

Did you get the RPC1 version or the official one from Pioneer?? Get the RPC1 version from http://forum.rpc1.com

Comment

• BLACKGHOST
                              Platinum Member
                              Platinum Member
                              • Sep 2003

just letting you know oriphus the site for those covers is back up and running...

Comment

Working...