Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADDdawg98
    • Jul 2003

Problem Burning Toy Story 2

I just purchased a Sony DRU-510A with Veritas RecordNow v2.6. I am also using DVD Shrink v2.3 to rip/compress my original DVD's that i'm backing up. So i'm relatively new to the process.

I've been cruising along great. I've been shooting out working DVD's left and right. But i'm having problems burning Toy Story 2. It seems that DVD shrink is having some problems with deencryption. It won't get through the original cache screen because of this. Is their a particular encryption that DVD shrink can't handle? Does anyone know of another program that might work better? Thanks in advance.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

DVDShrink MAY have a problem with multi-angle films (of which Toy Story Two is one).

Rip the DVD to a folder on your hard drive first, using DVDDecrypter in "File" mode (From the "Edit" dropdown menu, make certain to choose "Select ALL files", NOT "Select movie files").

Then use DVDShrink to compress.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ADDdawg98
      • Jul 2003

Still no success

I tried using DVDdecrypter and it ran into the same problem. At a certain point during the rip, it just stops being able to read the disk. I'm wondering if it may be a problem with this particular copy of the movie. Maybe i'll try renting it sometime soon to see if another copy might work. Regardless, i appreciate the help.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Have you tried cleaning the DVD?

Does the DVD have any significant scratches on it - or peanut butter and jelly?

Comment

• ADDdawg98
          • Jul 2003

Somehow, I half-way got it

The DVD does seem clean, without scratches. I was able to successfully burn the full screen part of the disc though, which I'm pleased about. Not sure why i can't get the wide screen to be recognized by DVDdecrypt or DVD Shrink. But regardless, at least the problem is half-way solved.

I did dip it in peanut butter before trying to burn it though. That's what the instructions said. Could that have been the cause you think?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I did dip it in peanut butter before trying to burn it though. That's what the instructions said. Could that have been the cause you think?"

Only if you omitted the jelly ;>}

Comment

• shiny#3
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jul 2003

" At a certain point during the rip, it just stops being able to read the disk."

I ran into the same problem with "The Legend of Ginko 2"
              though it has no multiangle feature.

DVDdecrypter always stopped at 74% of the ripping progress status.

I gave Smartripper a try and this one did it ..... strange enough...
              just for the heck of it I also tried CladDVD 2.0 and it did it also!

Not sure if it works for you but still worth a try

good luck!!

Comment

• 4speed
                • Aug 2003

Try this method using DVD2one and Anydvd

DVD Backup Guide

This has been the only fully successful method I have found to burn disney flicks.

Comment

Working...