X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asprinwizard
    • Aug 2002

DVRec

Hi there,

I have a Hauppauge Dec2000 set top box and had been using DVrec with it to make recordings onto my hard disk, as the existing software did not have a timer function. Now a new version of the software (2.15) has come out and this does include a timer function, however it is nothing like as good as DVrec was.

The problem is that there is a new version of DVrec which I upgraded to and now it simply won't record. I set everything up and wait for it to work but it doesn't. It's really annoying because I have digiguide installed now and recording with DVrec should make everyting a breaze.

I have contacted the author and he said that DVrec is not designed to work with operating systems like Windows 98 which I have, and that if previous versions of the program do then it is due to luck.

However every other aspect of the program works fine with my machine and it never crashes. It just seems that the instruction which tells the program to record is not getting through. Any thoughts?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Curiously, at the DVrec website, there is no indication that Win98 (or any O/S) specifically doesn't work with the program.

The following information posted at the site may or may not be of help to you:

"Install DVRec AFTER you have installed and verified your TV software (v1.48 / v2.xx) is functioning AND RECORDING correctly. Try Reset DVRec if you upgraded the DTV software and no TV Channels are found.
    For v1.48 only, (not v2.xx) MAKE SURE you leave the Programs: setting in the Hauppauge Digital TV software set to 'TV+Radio' AND the Other selector set to * or DVrec WILL NOT function properly. The Disable Teletext option is best turned on.
    For v2.xx, DVRec displays ONLY the favorites you have set up in the DTV Software (TV then Radio chans). V2.xx defaults to having the TV chans setup as favorites but no radio channels, so to record them from within dvrec you will have to add them to your favorites in the DTV software."

"NOTES
    When a recording is imminent the program will check for and boot up the TV program if necessary. If it doesn't boot, you may do it yourself manually . You may abort the recording if you wish once it has started. The Program list is continually saved so will survive any crashes/reboots. There are some settings that you can edit manually in the registry at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalDigital\DVRec] to tweak performance. These are deliberately NOT available in the options as if you don't know how to edit the registry you probably shouldn't be changing them. Do so at your peril, if you get any problems run 'Reset DVRec' which will reset the DVRec registry settings."

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

From the publisher/author

Just received a response to the following question:

Does your program operate under all PC O/S?

"Tested under win2k / xp - it may work under win98 but we do not test on such old o/s"

Comment

Working...