Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • limamike
    • Aug 2003

DVD to DVD Need Help

I am not sure if thsi is the correct board - however, can anyone provide info on how to copy dvd's from one player to a dvd recorded. I suspect that this has something to do with macrovision level 1 and 2 protection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The simplest thing to do is use DVD Shrink...

(and then, of course, a burning tool such as NERO)

Comment

• limamike
      • Aug 2003

Hi and thanks for the respnse - however, isnt this for computer dvd burners? I have a stnd alone dvd player and a stand alone dvd recorder. Whenever, I try to copy the DVD (from the stand lone) to the DVD recorder, I get the "You are nto allowed to copy this material" Are there any black boxes, or codes that can be used to disable the CSS protection on the dvd?

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Hi and thanks for the respnse - however, isnt this for computer dvd burners?"

Yes - that's primarily what these forums focus on.

"Are there any black boxes, or codes that can be used to disable the CSS protection on the dvd?"

None of which I'm personally aware. Go to the following site to seek such hardware/firmware hacks for your specific make/model of standalone DVD player:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

The problem is the CGMS (copy guard management system). It stops making digital copies.

You need a player where the firmware can be hacked. The Sampo DVE631CF can be modifed.

The macrovision also has to be turned off as well.

Comment

• limamike
            • Aug 2003

Thanks - i will try and find one of these. However, instructions to hack can be found where?

tnx

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

www.area450.com

Comment

Working...