Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles
    • Aug 2003

dvd will not play in home player

(please someone help) i have just made my first backup dvd copy and it plays great on my home player the problem is that it will not play in my daughters player i have copyed in both + and - both will play in my player but not in hers. her player is a samsung M105
  • ddlooping
    Super Moderator
    • May 2003

Hi charles.

What software did you use to burn the backup, and what mode did you use it in (DVD-Video, UDF/ISO,...)?
    Happy Shrinking!! ~ddlooping~
    For guides and downloads, please visit DVDShrink.info.
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To charles

1) Not all standalone DVD players are capable of playing BURNED (as opposed to commercially pressed) DVDs

2) Many standalone players are "finicky" about which brands of media they'll recognize

3) Some older standalone players will only recognize DVDs that include an empty "AUDIO_TS" folder (MUST be all capitals)

To determine the specific capabilities/limitations of your daughter's samsung M105, go to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./
      Last edited by setarip; 21 Aug 2003, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• charles
        • Aug 2003

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR ADVICE>>>THE METHOD I USED>>> WAS TO DECRIPT THE FILES WITH (DVD DECRIPTER) THEN USED (DVD2ONE) THEN I USED AN INTERFACE CALLED (IMAGE TOOL) TO INTERFACE WITH NERO. THE MODE WAS SET FOR (DVD UDF) I HAVE PLAYED AROUND WITH THE SETTINGS AND FOUND THAT USING(UDF+ISO)HAS ENABLED IT TO PLAY IN MY DAUGHTERS PLAYER. BUT ONE THING I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION IS THAT THE DVD ROM IN MY PC HAS NEVER RECOGNISED ANY OF THE TRIAL COPIES I HAVE MADE.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR ADVICE"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

With NERO, you can also use the "DVD-Video" mode, which is an automated UDF/ISO mode specifically for burning video to DVDs...

Comment

Working...