Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_jbloggs
    • Aug 2003

DVD Drive not recognized in Pinnacle Instant Copy

I just bought Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD (available free after rebate at Best Buy) and tried to use Instant Copy to burn movie from HD to DVD, But it doesn't show my DVD burner (Sony DRU510A) in the Destination window, it only shows the HD.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

as you can clearly see your writer is supported in not all modes but at least in some.

Choose Pinnacle Studio 25 for its powerful and precise video editing tools that inspire limitless creative opportunities for advanced moviemaking. Learn more!

it should be recognized ....
    reinstall your instant copy cd/dvd or update it....
    good luck

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by shiny#3
      as you can clearly see your writer is supported in not all modes but at least in some.

Choose Pinnacle Studio 25 for its powerful and precise video editing tools that inspire limitless creative opportunities for advanced moviemaking. Learn more!

it should be recognized ....
      reinstall your instant copy cd/dvd or update it....
      good luck
      shiny#3, Thanks for the information. I'm not sure what all the modes really mean or which one indicates that it should work with Instant Copy, but I'll take your advise and re-install the software. Thanks again.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Perhaps a silly question - Does Windows recognize your burner? Are you able to play DVDs with your burner?

Comment

• shiny#3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jul 2003

uuuhhhh.....this question nearly offends a users intelligence

but nevertheless a reasonable question....

but since he stated that it was the instant copy program
          he recently purchased I am inclined to believe that mister jbloggs
          got his dvdburner already working!!!???
          as far as system routines are concerned.....
          instant copy brings along its own burning routines
          Last edited by shiny#3; 29 Aug 2003, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by setarip
            Perhaps a silly question - Does Windows recognize your burner? Are you able to play DVDs with your burner?
            Yes, I've burned DVDs using Nero 6 and RecordNow DX, Unfortunately it seems that Instant Copy produces proprietary disk image which can only be burned by Instant Copy. Only reason I'm using Instant Copy is because I heard that it produces better results than DVD shrink when compressing DVD Movie larger than 4.7GB. The size of the movie I'm trying to compress is ~6.4GB.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Since you apparently have not yetresolved your situation, I'll ask yet another "out there" question - and trust that you won't take offense.

I noticed the following on the Pinnacle site:

"Attention Instant Copy Owners:

If you are having problems with an invalid Instant Copy serial number click here. You can exchange the serial number that is not working for a replacement serial number"

Could this have anything to do with your problem (When you performed the installation, did you enter a serial number - and was it confirmed, so that you know you've successfully installed the fully operating program?)

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
                • Aug 2003

It successfully took the serial number that is printed on a label attached to the CD envelope.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still the same problem, it only shows that hard drive as the destination device but no DVD Burner.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

I just noticed that in your initial post to this thread, you've referred to two different Pinnacle products - Instant CD/DVD and InstantCopy.

The following two links will bring you to the respective product pages at Pinnacle's homesite. Each page contains four images which can be enlarged by clicking on them. Perhaps this will help you by ascertaining that you are in the correct mode for the program (whichever it is) to display your burner:

Last edited by setarip; 29 Aug 2003, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
                    • Aug 2003

Instant CD/DVD is a suite of programs, one of them being Instant Copy. Your first link is the program I'm trying to use and if look at the right most image which shows a window with source devices and destination devices, that is where my problem is, it thinks my drive is a CD drive and so only displayed in the Source list and not on the Destination list.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

(Understand that I personally have never used this software - I've found DVD Shrink to produce excellent results - as well as DVD2ONe and DVD95Copy)

1) Have you read the included documentation and/or the built-in "Help" files?

2) Have you tried placing a burnable DVD in the burner first?

I have nothing further to offer...

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
                        • Aug 2003

ok, I solved it, I don't why I couldn't find it before, but there is a patch for Instant Copy. I found it at the following url:

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

Which one of the two patches listed did you download and install? I ask because the first one states "Do not use this patch to update Instant CD/DVD."
                          Last edited by setarip; 31 Aug 2003, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• mr_jbloggs
                            • Aug 2003

I Used the second one, I actually didn't even see that the first one shouldn't be used with Instant CD/DVD, and downloaded but not yet installed it. So thanks for pointing that out to me.

Url of the patch download I used is:
                            ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.de/driver/pc/I...rderUpdate.zip

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

"So thanks for pointing that out to me."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...