Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misiek
    • Aug 2003

authoring software accepting part of vob files to make menus

Hello to everybody!!! I would like to reauthor dvd using their original menu which are normally included in VOB files. Maybe you know authoring softwares which allow to import menus from VOB files and eventually can manage subtitles and more than one audio language from source VOB's? Thank you very much in advance!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In what way do you wish to "re-author"?

If you're only talking about fitting a COMPLETE double-layered commercial DVD (DVD9) onto a burnable single-layered DVD (DVD5), you can use (freeware) DVD Shrink or (commercial) DVD2One, DVD95Copy, or similar...

Comment

• misiek
      • Aug 2003

Thank you very much, setarip, for answer!! Actually I don't wish to fit a DVD-9 into a DVD-5, I would like only to reauthor 2nd DVD after splitting in order not to have problems with scene menu, as you know from my other thread. Basically I would like to accomplish the following features: first, import VTS_XY_o.vob in which are contained menues and use as menu; second import VOB's of 2nd DVD; third use an authoring program to allow me to make a new DVD from these materials. In such a way I could decide by myself the logic of navigation, chapter pointers and so on, keeping all original materials as I like. Maybe you've got an idea about program to use? Thank you very much in advance

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thank you very much, setarip, for answer!!"

My pleasure ;>}

"as you know from my other thread."

I'm afraid I 've read far too many threads to remember a thread you've previously posted

"Basically I would like to accomplish the following features: first, import VTS_XY_o.vob in which are contained menues and use as menu"

I'm personally not aware of any program (authoring or otherwise) that can handle the importing of a menu structure for "adjustment" and use with .VOBs that are from a different source

Comment

• misiek
          • Aug 2003

Thank you for answer. Quite a pity not to have software capable to handle VOB's as menu. TMPGEnc author and DVD Lab import VOB's but only to use as movies...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"TMPGEnc author and DVD Lab import VOB's but only to use as movies..."

But you do know that either of these programs CAN be used to CREATE impressive menus, don't you?

Comment

Working...