Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lumberjack
    • Jun 2003

What Speeds Are You Guys Burning At ?

I've gone through about 200 Princo 4x dvd-r's and I have a Sony DRU-500a that was in an external chassis, was using it via firewire but now it is being used as an interal drive.

My question is what speed do you guys burn your backups at ?

I was burning all my backups at 4x with Nero and copy to dvd. But when I tried to play them in my panasonic "I think it's a a210" setop dvd player it hard locks after video corruption. and in my kenwood 5disk changer "i think it is 605". In the kenwood it wouldn't hardlock, but the video would corrupt and the audio would corrupt. the panasonic would hard lock after video corruption. But I also have a digix player that cost 50.00 and it plays fine in that unit.

Also I have noticed at 4x that I get a few disks that when finalizing the disk they would error and the disk would be a coaster. then I tried burning at 2x and everything went smoothly, no problems and low and behold the disk played find in the panasonic and the kenwood. So now I only burn at 2x on 4x dvd-r's. I'm trying to figure out if it is a media problem or a hardware problem or software problem.

Anyone have any similar situations or an answer to why this is occuring?

thx
  • MaikMOX
    • Sep 2003

Hello,

My answer would be that quality of media matters A LOT!

I have had many horror stories with PRINCO CDRs in the past ,mainly, discs that are dificult to read and that finally become unreadable after a few months.

I cannot say the same will happen with DVD-R but I will not take that risk again.

I am now using quality media for the data I am interested in. Sorry I cannot really say what media to use but I try to keep away from the very cheap discs and use renamed brands.

Regards

Comment

• orrwullie
      • Aug 2003

ive been using princo for a year now with my pioneer 104 using nero with no probs. i allways burn at 1x seems to be more reliable that way and no errors

Comment

• BLACKGHOST
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Sep 2003

i have a Pioneer 105 burner and use Princo discs alot. I swear by them. I use 4x speed burning all the time and cannot faulter it.
        It does depend on media alot. I recently used some other brand and it was ordinary.
        Some makers now dont use Princo instead they have upgraded and they are called 'Goodies'

Comment

Working...