Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seb
    • Oct 2002

Joliet on or not in Nero?

I burned my first DVD-backup recently, and I had default settings in Nero 6 (Joliet on for example), and it worked fine in my dvd-burner on my pc.

Then I today saw in a nice tutorial that Joliet shall NOT be selected, and some other things like the options under "Relax ISO Restrictions" should also all be off it said, and at least two of them are on by default in Nero 6 when selecting DVD-Video.

If its supposed to be off when burning dvd-video, why is it then on by default in Nero?
    And what difference does those settings do? Is it first when you watch the dvd in a real dvd-video that things might happen or what?

Please explain, so I know what settings to really use, or if it wont matter at all
  • Seb
    • Oct 2002

It seems like ISO9660 (or what it now is) is one filesystem and Joliet is another, but in Nero you can have both selected....I dont get it.

I just read in a short description on how to burn dvd-movies, and there it just said that if some filenames are more than 8 characters then you must choose Joliet.

Is that the only difference? Why did the other tutorial I saw (made by someone on this forum I think, a nice php-one) say that Joliet and those other settings shall be off?

Edit: Just found this small tutorial that says you should burn not DVD-Video but DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) instead, and they have Joliet off but the Relax ISO Restrictions on.....I'm like TOTALLY confused here lol, everyone have totally different settings and mix them completely
    Last edited by Seb; 11 Sep 2003, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Seb
      • Oct 2002

I've read around some and Joliet or not doesn't seem to matter really it seems so you can ignore the above....the question now is weather to use "DVD-Video" or "UDF/ISO" in Nero 6?

It seems everyone thinks UDF/ISO might be more compatible, but I dont see what good DVD-Video does then, its not like its much easier to use or anything.

I just dont know if I should backup with DVD-Video or that UDF/ISO so please explain the advantages they both have

Edit: Well now I did read somewhere that DVD-Video is some automated UDF/ISO mode specially made for burning movies to dvd, so I guess that will work well anyway on all the newer players at least
      Last edited by Seb; 11 Sep 2003, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...