X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattward2k
    PHP Guru
    • Nov 2001

Can't erase DVD-RW: Drive or Disc?

I got some Princo 4.7GB DVD-RW discs and I can write to them but when I go to erase them it does the whole erasing process and says complete, but then when the disc pops out its still unerased and has everything on it it had before. Tried using both Sonic RecordNow DX and Nero Burning ROM - neither have any effect. What I want to know is, is this more likely to be my drive or my disc?

Its a new Packard Bell laptop with a Matshi-ta UJ-810 DVD-RAM (DVD-R/RW) drive. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
    Last edited by mattward2k; 13 Sep 2003, 06:34 AM.
    Matthew Ward
    email@nancies.org.uk
    http://www.nancies.org.uk/
  • Figaro14
    • Jan 2007

Try reformatting the disc first before you attempt to use it. I put my DVD R/W's into my free standing dvd recorder and reformat them before I attemt to re-write on them using the DVD Rom. Don't ask me why, but this appears to work. The DVD Rom then informs me it needs to "erase" the disc before it can record over it. But unless I re-format it first, it won't do this.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

rw's do a full format the first time(or they should be) and then just write over the exisiting information on later uses, imgburn will do a full format if you feel that's necessary

Comment

Working...