Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eikoow
    • Sep 2003

Newbie Question

I have a divx file that is about 700 meg. I am trying to make a DVD of it but when I drop it into Sonics My DVD program, it says ther isn't enough space on the 4 Gig disk. I know that with CD's that it is 70 min or 650 megs whicever comes first. Is there a time limit with the 4 Gig DVD's as well. I know you can re-encode and stuff but I am looking for the fastest way to do it. I guess my question is, what is the easiest way to burn a one and a half hour 700 meg file on to a DVD. Thank you for any help.
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

get yourself Gspot......
    load your video into it ... then check that the the audiofile is not of variable bitrate.....if it is in variable bitrate check prior postings in
    digital digest.... if not... load it into Tmpec encoder to convert it
    to Mpeg2 format..... use Tmpeg DVD Author to create a dvd compliant filre structure or a dvd burning tool of your choice...
    like nero.......
    the most important thing is to get your video into mpeg2 format!!

there were a lot of denial structures in this post ... hope you can figure it out!!
    Last edited by shiny#3; 16 Sep 2003, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I am trying to make a DVD of it but when I drop it into Sonics My DVD program, it says ther isn't enough space on the 4 Gig disk."

Don't worry about the size initially - If possible, save the DVD "package" created by MYDVD to your hard drive. Then use DVD Shrink to compress the "package" down to less than 4.37Gb...

Comment

• eikoow
        • Sep 2003

Thanks for the help guys. I wanted to avoid the whole TMPEG thing because it takes too long. I will try DVD shrink. Anyone feel free if you have any other suggestions. Thanks again.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks again."

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...