Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezysk
    • Apr 2003

Mpeg To Dvd

Wanted to know the steps, formats, and software programs for converting VCD or mpegs into DVD
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ezysk
      • Apr 2003

Haven't had any luck with either of them, espcially when I'm using the 528x440 resolution mcf templates.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"espcially when I'm using the 528x440 resolution mcf templates."

Standard DVD resolutions are 720x480 (NTSC) and 720x576 (PAL) - or "LowRes" 352x240 (NTSC) and 352x288 (PAL).

Try using one of these DVD-compliant templates...

Comment

• ezysk
          • Apr 2003

Do you have any idea HOW LONG it takes to encode a 720 ???

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Do you have any idea HOW LONG it takes to encode a 720 ???"

Of course I do, since I only speak from actual experience. Obviously, the answer is that it depends on how powerful your system is.

I can see where this thread is going, so I have nothing further to add to it.

I've provided you with the proper procedures to address your original post of, "Wanted to know the steps, formats, and software programs for converting VCD or mpegs into DVD".

Do with them as you please...

Comment

Working...