• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocShadow
    • Oct 2003

LG 4040 and Nero Burning Problem

Specs .....

- AMD 2500+ in GA-7VAXPU, board firmware upgraded to vF4
    - LG 4040B as master on secondary IDE (no slaves), firmware upgraded from LG website
    - Nero v6.0.0.0
    - Memorex DVD-R 4x blank

The drive is accessible, shows no errors in the Device Manager, and I can play DVD movies.

Using Nero Autodetect (with the Nero disk in the DVD), Nero will not autodetect the drive but the drive does appear in the Choose Recoder menu.

When I try to burn a movie using 'DVD-Video' setting I receive the error message:

"Drive is in use by another application"

I've tried re-booting, going directly to Nero and burning the disc and still get the same message.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Doc
  • DocShadow
    • Oct 2003

Figured it out!

I noticed a post re problems with Nero 6.0.0. so I updated to 6.0.0.19 and no longer get the message.

Now I have to figure out why my burned DVD was not recognized by my DVD player. It will also not play with DirectDVD but I can play the files.

Doc

Comment

• Storka
      • Sep 2003

any versions below the latest have had some serious problems with this drive ive noticed

Comment

• laser
        • Mar 2004

No work? with shrink and nero (

The lg gsa-4040b its a good dvd recording? im interested in this model .

thanks

Comment

• Storka
          • Sep 2003

It's a fairly decent recorder, and with the RAM burning its really usfull it does however how issues with recording at 4X and requires certain types of media to burn that fast. I like it.

Comment

• Aquila
            • Jan 2004

Shrink and Nero work fine, as long as you have the later versions.

If your drive is failing to recognise the discs you burn, first make sure there's a blank AUDIO_TS folder in the root directory. Failing that, try different media.
            Visit my homepage sometime

Comment

Working...