Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arctic silver
    • Dec 2001

DVD compression not completing

Hi Folks. I've got this compression problem with this dvd I'm trying to backup.

I've ripped the entire dvd with dvd decrypter in file mode. When dvd decrypter is done, it says all files ripped successfully, with 0 skipped. Next I use dvd2one, and choose full diskcopy.
    When dvd2one reaches 99%, an error box appeas and reads:

"Error adjusting IFO file. It does not match the VOB file. For full diskcopy, you need to copy all files from the dvd in file mode".

What does this mean? Did dvd decrypter miss some files even though the rip was successful in the file mode? I tried dvdshrink 2.0 and the same thing happens but with a different message format.
  • DjTek
    • Oct 2003

you must be missing a file like it says. compare your files in your ripped directory to the files on the DVD when you browse it. if youre trying to compress i might suggest using dvdshrink 3.0, i think its a little better and easier to use IMO

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To arctic silver

Are you trying to copy something other than an original, commercial DVD - such as one where someone cropped off the end credits?

Comment

• arctic silver
        • Dec 2001

I am using the original commercial dvd disk. I'll give the suggestions a try. Thanks !!
        Last edited by arctic silver; 27 Oct 2003, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Did dvd decrypter miss some files even though the rip was successful in the file mode?"

Did you remember, from the "Edit" dropdown menu, to select "ALL files", NOT "movie files"?

Comment

• arctic silver
            • Dec 2001

I did not have time to do another another rip yet. But I did choose select all in my previous rip. I"ll get back when I do another rip.

Comment

• arctic silver
              • Dec 2001

I finally did another rip with dvd decrypter.
              I compared the rip with the original dvd and all the files were ripped successfully.
              I used dvdshrink 3.0 Beta and it compressed the files successfully. No probs. I then tried dvd2one 1.1.1, and dvdshrink 2.0 again and they both failed like before. I do not know why dvdshrink 3.0B worked and the others did not. Since the dvd I'm backing up is about 7 gb, the compression is about 45% or so. I used the automatic compression setting in dvdshrink 3.0B and I do notice some effects of such a high compression. Not a perfect copy but at least I got it to work. Anyway, its an exercise dvd.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"I then tried dvd2one 1.1.1"

Why are you using an outdated version?

Comment

• arctic silver
                  • Dec 2001

<Why are you using an outdated version?>

I don't know. I guess all this time its been working for me and my friend, that I'd figure if its not broken don't fix it kind of thing. Guess I should try the new versions.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

I just wondered why you haven't received the updates...

Comment

• arctic silver
                      • Dec 2001

Just never got around to installing or using them. Oh well... Guess its my downfall.
                      Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...