Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigfootDT
    • May 2003

Backups don,t play with menu and extras on disk

Lately several backups I have made will not play on my stand-alone player. The menu comes up but whem I go to start the movie it goes to a blank screen and freezes.
    If I burn just the movie it works perfect.
    Is this maybe something to do with the info file pointing to a specific disk sector to start the movie which of course isn,t on the backup because it has been shrunk?

Don,t think there is anything wrong with the burner (pioneer a5) seems more I am either missing something in the shrunk version or failing to remove some sort of opy protection.

I can shrink the movie only files any way I want and that works fine just not with menus and extras on the back up.

Oh ya the backups play fine useing power dvd 5

Help!!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The menu comes up but whem I go to start the movie it goes to a blank screen and freezes."

Despite the fact that you've not posted this question in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forums here, based upon your terminology, I'm presuming you've used DVD Shrink.

It sounds like you've tried to include the menu while using the "Re-author" mode. This is not possible. Menus will only remain functional if you compress the entire DVD (using the initial DVD Shrink window, NOT "Re-author").

Comment

• BigfootDT
      • May 2003

I have made dozens of back-ups and no I wasm't useing the re-author and Yes I used DVD shrink as well as DVD Decripter and Nero. (Newest)

The Menu itself seems to work fine (full motion menus with ALL the branches working) Just won,t play the movie. Can,t use chapter menu and start somewhere else either it freezes too.

I have no reason to beleive this is a problem caused by DVD shrink ratherI suspect it may be a new form of copy protection or odd ball DVD format.

On the movies that didn,t work I used a player to play the Vob 1-1
      file and the Munu was part of it. I've only been doing this for a few months but I don,t beleive there are normally menus enbeded in the first (Movie) Vob file.

Next time I encounter this I will use a prog other then DVD shrink and find out if that fix's it. Don,t think it will because I had no problem with the other 40 or so DVD's I did but only on the last few new one's I tried.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"ratherI suspect it may be a new form of copy protection or odd ball DVD format."

There are no new DVD copy protections as yet employed (last "new" thing was "RCE" about two years ago)

"On the movies that didn,t work I used a player to play the Vob 1-1
        file and the Munu was part of it. I've only been doing this for a few months but I don,t beleive there are normally menus enbeded in the first (Movie) Vob file."

Typically, if the main movie is contained in the "VTS_01_x.VOB" series, the menu is "VTS_01_0.VOB". This is NOT the case, for example, with "Matrix Reloaded". You may have to copy .VOBs with -0- bytes directly from the original into the DVD Shrink-created package...

Comment

Working...